cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach authentication

Can you please see if this Coach bag is real? Thanks.    

No. L05Q-5688

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Coach authentication

@jibr-3026 wrote:

Thank you to everyone for your help. The purse actually belongs to a friend of mine & wasn't purchased at a store, it was a gift in some yard sale items. We thought the probability of it being a replica was pretty high considering the way she obtained it but, you never know.

Side note, to the gentleman who first posted he would also like to know if it was real or fake & subsequently posted he was of the opinion it was fake due to the stitching, don't let harsh criticism early on in learning something new detour you from your goals. You never professed to be a professional and I asked for anyone's opinion. I had also read that about the stitching and had no reason to believe it was false information.

To the lady that responded with such destain for a newbie in what she clearly perceives to be her area of expertise, you had to start somewhere to. Don't forget where you came from, we have all been the new kid on the block before. Karma has a way of coming back around. Continue with your obnoxious behavior and you just may wake one day to find you actually are as small and insignificant a person as you made others feel they were in your hoity-toity world of handbags.

Although Alberta's reply has already addressed & explained the most important points, I would like to add my response.

Presumably, you came here to get information & advice from real Coach experts on a yard sale bag. You got it. So I don't understand why you felt the need to defend a misinformed "opinion" by attacking the real expert for correcting it. Especially when that commenter already acknowledged & apologized for their inadvertent mistake.

FYI, when the actual Coach experts, albertabrightalberta & fashionclubgurl, volunteer their valuable time on this board to help, educate, correct & stop dangerous misinformation about authenticating Coach from being spread by ignorance, they are doing every Coach buyer/re-seller a great service.

They do not need or deserve nonsensical accusations or tone-policing because they care more about protecting others with facts & accurate information than anyone's ego.

Yes, "karma" is the fact that all actions have consequences. And, since 'the road to hell was paved with good intentions', that should be a reminder that spreading misinformation (regardless of intent) can be far more damaging than many realize. Defending any purveyor of misinformation can be just as bad as inadvertently promoting it.

Better to be slapped with the truth than kissed with a lie, is it not?

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

@genemaat wrote:

They do not need or deserve nonsensical accusations or tone-policing because they care more about protecting others with facts & accurate information than anyone's ego.

Yes, "karma" is the fact that all actions have consequences. And, since 'the road to hell was paved with good intentions', that should be a reminder that spreading misinformation (regardless of intent) can be far more damaging than many realize. Defending any purveyor of misinformation can be just as bad as inadvertently promoting it.

"Tone" has nothing to do with expertise. It has everything to do with charity.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@alittlesomething4everyone wrote:

And if you can interpret "tone" in the written word, you are the first person to do that! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

We interpret "tone" in the digital age with "quotes" CAPS and punctuation! 

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@genemaat wrote:

And subjective perceptions have nothing to do with facts or what is true.

I'm sorry you have missed the point (& unfortunately shown your previous "apology" to be disingenuous). Not only have you apparently misunderstood the meaning of "charity" — both the general (generosity in giving, help where needed etc.) & the old Biblical (agape: spiritual, unselfish love) — but ironically exposed a resentful & gratuitously presumptuous judgement of the Coach expert's true intention!

Now that is truly uncharitable.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 20 of 28
latest reply

We interpret "tone" in the digital age with "quotes" CAPS and punctuation! 

Caps are also used for EMPHASIS. It's not always yelling! 

albertabrightalberta

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

My wife IM me all day at my office and the funny thing is that's what she said! Think I'm now addicted to the boards.  stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

I'm sorry you have missed the point (& unfortunately shown your previous "apology" to be disingenuous). Not only have you apparently misunderstood the meaning of "charity" — both the general (generosity in giving, help where needed etc.) & the old Biblical (agape: spiritual, unselfish love) — but ironically exposed a resentful & gratuitously presumptuous judgement of the Coach expert's true intention!

Now that is truly uncharitable.

As a good Calvinist I must confess, yes one of my appoligys was less than heartfelt. As for as being uncharitable, I go both ways stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

@fashionclubgurl wrote:

Please ask one of the moderators to remove the link in your post, and dont recommend any reference that hasnt been checked by the experts here.  And let the experts here at the Ebay forum do the authenticating!

Sharing content with other eBay members - either via discussion boards, product reviews, collections or groups - is a great way to help build the eBay community, and is something we encourage all our users to do.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

@fashionclubgurl wrote:

Please ask one of the moderators to remove the link in your post, and dont recommend any reference that hasnt been checked by the experts here.  And let the experts here at the Ebay forum do the authenticating!

Sharing content with other eBay members - either via discussion boards, product reviews, collections or groups - is a great way to help build the eBay community, and is something we encourage all our users to do.

Not even when that type of sharing can cost buyers and sellers their hard earned money or their accounts! 

Do you really want to "build the ebay community" by posting misinformation? 

I'm done here because you clearly don't get it and you don't see the potential danger. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@alittlesomething4everyone wrote:

"Sharing content with other eBay members - either via discussion boards, product reviews, collections or groups - is a great way to help build the eBay community, and is something we encourage all our users to do."

Please note that this is a discussion board for members to consult various experts recognized for their extensive knowledge of highly faked fashion brands. "Sharing content with other eBay members" does not mean that posting ignorant opinions &/or links to misinformation is either "encouraged" or tolerated.

Consider Proverbs 19:20 Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Great Proverb. 😉
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Hello everyone,

This thread is getting a bit heated. Please remember that it’s fine to disagree with others, but discussion should always remain courteous and respectful.

Thank you for your cooperation.​​​​​​​
Message 28 of 28
latest reply