cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach authentication - Crossbody

Hi all, 

I'm wondering if this Coach crossbody is genuine.  The crossgrain leather feels right - just like a mini Bennett I purchased from the outlet recently.  But there's no creed or seam tag, just the "made in China" tag.  The lining also seems subpar.  However, given the Coach emblem is stamped on, my guess is it may be a MFF item which is why the nicer touches are missing.  I just want to be sure it's not fake - the lack of a creed is bugging me.  It's about 10" long x 3.5" wide at the base and 5.5" wide.  If it is genuine and anyone knows the style name, that would be awesome.  Thank you!

Sorry a couple of the pics are blurry - let me know if any more are needed.

IMG_0001.JPGIMG_0004.JPGIMG_0005.JPGIMG_0006.JPGIMG_0007.JPGfullsizeoutput_106.jpegIMG_0012.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Not sure if I've stumped everyone, but wanted to come back to say that I'm fairly convinced the bag is authentic.  The leather and the stitching are excellent and I know some bags do have the Coach stamp o the exterior like this one.  I can't explain the lack of a creed/tag, but I do have some other Coach items without them - where they were definitely big enough to have one - so I know it's not unheard of.  My only hang up is the hardware.  It just doesn't feel substantial.  But unless someone knows otherwise, the bag is beautifully made, so despite the hardware, I'm comfortable with it. 

I truly do want to know if anyone is aware it is not authentic, though, since then I will dispose of it.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday.  Thanks again for any input you may have!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

What are the measurements of the bag?

I know you said there's no other tag but I'd like to request that you dig deep down into that interior pocket and see if there's a tag in there. Turn the pocket inside out if necessary.

I don't believe that the bag is fake either but from the size it appears to be, I think there should be some type of marking.
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, Alberta.  It's about 10" long x 4" wide x 6" high (width is a little smaller using just base seams - about 3.25",  but as with most bags, the bottom extends slightly beyond the seams.)

I turned the entire pocket inside out and followed the entire seam line and there's nothing there except lint - not even the hint of a tag that may have been ripped out.  Then I did the same on the regular liner.  It's really perplexing that there wouldn't be one (or a creed patch.)  At least I can confirm the liner stitching is also quite strong and durable.  If this is not authentic, it's really well done, but also pretty poorly done as I wouldn't have questioned it as much if it had a creed!

Thanks again for sharing your expertise!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I believe the bag is an authentic Saffiano Mini Satchel 49392. 

Small enough to not have a creed patch.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I just looked some up and that is definitely the bag!  Thank you so much.  Now I know why I couldn't find it - I had the leather wrong. 

Of course, still strange that at least one I saw for sale as NWT did have a creed patch, but most others did not.  And boy, did I get a good deal - I paid under $40!

This forum rocks - I appreciate everyone's input and help!  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@modifiedracer93 wrote:

I believe the bag is an authentic Saffiano Mini Satchel 49392. 

Small enough to not have a creed patch.

AHA! The 4XXXX style numbers are usually smaller pouches and accessories. Thank you @modifiedracer93!

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 7
latest reply