cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach Convertible Clutch...hoping

I wonder about this bag.  

Here are are my concerns:

Bad juju comes with this purse as it was bought alongside a (now) known fake.

I thought it had a zipper replacement...but now I wonder. (It looks like it would maybe have been one of those big Talons originally).

I've never owned a navy Coach...is the navy so dark that it could nearly pass for black?  

Also, it seems like there is a contrast stitching going on on the zipper pull and the side placards where the straps attach. If you look closely, there is both a white and black thread used there. 

Thanks for for any thoughts on the subject!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Coach Convertible Clutch...hoping

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I think that one is a genuine basic bag. Wait for FCG to confirm. (Same seller? If so, she needs to learn her items. Sellers who mix are more dangerous than an all-fake seller.)
albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

It was bought at the same yard sale...not online.  Just scrounging around for cool stuff.  

Thank you for taking a look!  I've learned so much from you over the years.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Sorry, so it's not a "convertible clutch"...but a "basic bag"?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It looks ok, the thread color differences might have just been from repairs along the way. The leather zipper pull is a replacement, and the zipper may be too. Since its at least 30 years old a lot of things could have happened to it. But the stamped creed is whats important and thats absolutely genuine.

As for colors, Coachs navy color was very dark, and their black could also have faded and ended up looking like dark navy. The color of the leather on the inside pocket is usually a good way to see what the original color was, and weve also found that a gentle bath and conditioning can go a long way toward restoring the original color.

And yes, its a style 9455 Basic Bag, not a Convertible Clutch.

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you again. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply