cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chanel Authenticate Quilted Handbag

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Chanel Authenticate Quilted Handbag

And I want to thank the ladies that answer all our questions.  They are so knowledgeable and very nice.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

"Oh how wonderful  I love how it says Paris on the outside then Italy on the inside ... (with a stamp)  ah yes a stamp? Even a monkey would do something better than that" .

I just have to say, do you know how many Louis Vuitton or Yves Saint Laurent bags are stamped PARIS on one tag and ITALY, or another country on another tag or stamp??  Countless, so your point is mute!  Reason being, many designers originated in Paris and then manufactured in several other countries later on, and law requires them to state what country the bag was actually made in, however, many designers will never take the Paris stamp off of their bags! So they add another stamp or tag. 

The OP isn't the one who looks like a monkey here!

And if you are basing your first and main point on that scenario?? I hope to God you're not selling handbags without getting them evaluated first?  And to tag your post 'common sense' on top of it?? Really tops the cake! lol!  

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Just to clarify what could be confusing for some, a designer's headquarters city location, e.g. CHANEL PARIS, FENDI ROMA or Burberry London, has nothing to do with where their various goods are actually manufactured, i.e. Country Of Origin. For instance, there is no such legal label as MADE IN Paris, or MADE IN Rome etc.

All Chanel bags have CHANEL PARIS imprinted on their hardware, but the country of manufacture, "Made In..." (France or Italy), will be clearly heat stamped onto the leather lining (or leather tag stitched onto fabric linings).

Chanel bags are not my specialty, but I do know Chanel design standards & traditions. This bag does not match them.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Hello everyone,

This thread is getting a bit heated.  Please remember that it’s fine to disagree with others, but discussion should always remain courteous and respectful.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Hi, Vincent!

Boardies are still posting useful information about authenticating handbags which I, for one, could use.  I'm sure the moderators at eBay would want us to know everything possible to avoid being a victim of fraud.  Surely there isn't a problem with sharing useful information, is there?

I'm just curious, Vincent, but where were you when the post that provoked the replies you described as "heated" were posted?

Of course, it's only my opinion, but I don't think anything posted since can compete with the "heated" tone of the first reply to OP, but perhaps I'm just not a fan of Pyrex.

Have a great day at eBay, sir!

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Have to say that those are hysterical - love the paper bag w chain!  

SAME jsales, may have to whip up one of those for myself :))) 

Also cosign this :

Many thanks to all the good ladies of this board who generously and patiently give their time to teach the rest of us. You know who you are, and this ignorant boardie *lurker appreciates you.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Bravo, Alberta!

Message 22 of 22
latest reply