cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me authenticate this Louis Vuitton top?

Hi all,

Could anyone possibly help me authenticate this Louis Vuitton top I picked up in a charity shop? I am not an expert on this kind of thing and have no idea where to start, but I wouldn't want to sell it if it's fake!

Please note the writing has faded off the leather bit down the front but it did say Louis Vuitton...as you might expect!

Thanks so much.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can anyone help me authenticate this Louis Vuitton top?

you should post it on the fashion board... 

but no one can really authentic it.....they is no "OFFICIAL" C.O.A here on ebay..

but there are smart people out there that may be able to say if it is probably or not real or fake....but it still won't hold any "REAL" power...

but fashion board is best.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ah, sorry, I thought this was the fashion board!

I'm obviously not looking for anything with the weight of a professional opinion but I have seen a few people round here that seem to know what they are talking about with LV stuff - more so than I do anyway - so I thought it was worth a try!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@ellietwohats wrote:

Ah, sorry, I thought this was the fashion board!

I'm obviously not looking for anything with the weight of a professional opinion but I have seen a few people round here that seem to know what they are talking about with LV stuff - more so than I do anyway - so I thought it was worth a try!

oh i think you are correct... it came up on my home page thing..and thought it was in wrong place...

hang on then, the fashion birds will show up to answer.....

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Respectfully, I wouldn't go by anyone's opinion off those pictures and no pro would accept them either.

ALL-Pictures MUST be reviewed before you post them. All need to check that pictures are highly detailed and in focus. Try to photograph in natural light. If you think the pictures are "fuzzy" or "dark" when reviewing them, they're pretty much worthless to us.

OP-Reshoot and post focused well lit pictures of the interior finishing at the seams, ALL interior tags and a more pictures of the piece and we should be able to tell you if it's worth going to a pro. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

In your last photo, notice how the Louis printing on the strip is cutoff by the collar? There's a LV store not far from me that I visit now and then, and i've never seen LV cutoff their logo on anything they make. They make sure they never do that but the fakers don't care. To me, that's says it's not authentic. Others here will probably share their opinions too.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@nova7000 wrote:
In your last photo, notice how the Louis printing on the strip is cutoff by the collar? There's a LV store not far from me that I visit now and then, and i've never seen LV cutoff their logo on anything they make. They make sure they never do that but the fakers don't care. To me, that's says it's not authentic. Others here will probably share their opinions too.

It's a myth that LVs won't be cut off. The company isn't going to waste fabric so patterns do get cut.

OP, @jsales0 is a proven LV expert and if she says the pictures aren't adequate for authenticating, I'd do as she advises.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 7
latest reply