cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentic Moncler Coat?

Hi!  I have this Moncler coat that is in pretty shabby condition.  I am not sure if it is even worth it to sell, but I was thinking of putting it up for auction at a low price.  I am concerned about it's authenticity.  Can anyone tell me if this is authentic?  Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Authentic Moncler Coat?

If there are care tags, please post both sides!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

HI!  There are lots of tags on this coat, I can post more if these aren't the correct ones.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I don’t do the label but for those that check fonts and look for spelling errors you need to do this slowly. Go tag by tag and tape each one flat and clamp or tape the others away so you get clear images. It’ll take a bit of time but the jacket is still worth significant money IMO if authentic. IMO you’re going to need all those pictures anyway if you’re selling it.

The label states down so for starters see if you can find a feather poking out of a seam or feel the jacket-feathers are pretty “feelable” over polyfill. That doesn’t guarantee authenticity but it certainly can help eliminate obvious fakes.

Just keep responding to this same thread. 

@genemaat  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I just pulled an authentic tag and IMO yours is off. I also just found a quick search that said the down jackets are never made in China but no one should make fast judgments over those kinds of internet searches IMO. Take the time to do the tag photos and I believe we’ll come to a definitive answer although we’re starting with a couple of red flags.

Sorry I can’t help much as I stopped paying attention to the label when they started outsourcing to Eastern Europe. I don’t know if they even work in China. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Third red flag is that the made in tag is supposed to be sewn down at both ends. Just read that they do manufacture in China but supposedly not the down.

Wait for others...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@jsales0 wrote:

Third red flag is that the made in tag is supposed to be sewn down at both ends. Just read that they do manufacture in China but supposedly not the down.

Wait for others...

Yes, I'm seeing more red flags as well:

* MONCLER label logo font is uneven & wrongly spaced + misshaped cockerel

* The cartoon washing instruction panel is too intensely colored + print wearing off (typical of fakes) + squared instead of rounded corners.

* Content tag English has RECLAIMED misspelled as "RECLAMED" + misspellings in the Italian (wrong letters & accent mark).

Way too many problems already to be authentic.

"It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble, it's what you know for sure that just ain't so." —
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Sorry OP but it appears that you have a counterfeit jacket. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so much everyone for your help!  I had a feeling it was too good to be true 🙂

Message 9 of 9
latest reply