cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buying unlocked gadget ( locked previously to an internet provider ) is at your own risk

Hi all,

my name serghy from estonia,

recently I bought a tablet from US

and it will not work in estonia,why?

simply. 

this device was previously locked to a carrier

and carrier made so that you cannot  eddit or add a new APN, as a result this device never work on another  sim; never seller check it for you about  such details!!! his goal is to sell and the seller will be describing it as unlocked and may be he is so ignorant that he does not know at all what APN means and you have no possibility to get in touch with the mobile company and request them to change APN settings;

in my case my device has only 3 APN's to be used in mexico; whether it factory preinstalled  or it was preprogrammed by the carrier ( in my case it was AT&T) I have no possibility to check,

so think twicely before buying at auction or buy it now a smart device which was previously locked;

bye bye and nice deals

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: buying unlocked gadget ( locked previously to an internet provider ) is at your own risk

repairelectronics
Trailblazer
Yep, pretty much been that way for the last 30 years worldwide. As the buyer, it is your responsibility to know what will work in your country, if however it was a defective item and was paid with PayPal you should be able to get your money back fairly easily if it is still within 180 days of purchase.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply