cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of item that was not fit for purpose

I purchased a simple mobile phone for my young son. When the product arrived I purchased a sim card from a local operator. Since the connection had not activated the following day, I returned to the network operator, who discovered that the phone would only work on 2G technology, which has been discontinued in my country. There was no mention of the fact that the phone operated on 2G on the product listing. I contacted the seller, who has repeatedly avoided taking a decision on the return, until after almost a month, when they offered a partial refund, which I would be open to accepting.

However, the following day, the seller closed the return, without any further communication and I do not see any refund on my account.

I believe that according to Australian law, a seller is obliged to make a refund for products which are not fit for purpose.

What are my options?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

repairelectronics
Trailblazer
eBay law trumps Australian law, why would you even entertain a partial refund? if within 30 days of receipt start a not as described complaint within eBays MBG, the seller then needs to pay for the return with either a prepaid label or PayPal cashback... you do not pay. period.
https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

If after 30 days start the defective return with PayPal, the seller is required to refund within 180 days of order date but you must pay for return shipping with verifiable online tracking.
https://www.paypal.com/disputes/
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

PP now pays up to thirty dollars of return shipping, with some restrictions.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 3
latest reply