cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4Tb SSD Hard drives around $38.

I've seen earlier posts about these. My keeps failing and PC keeps telling me to reformat. Causing loss of data.

Not worth buying. Chromebook can't even read it. Trialled across Windows and Chromebook.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: 4Tb SSD Hard drives around $38.

Thanks for the tip?

Do you have a question?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@grabur-3714 wrote:

I've seen earlier posts about these. My keeps failing and PC keeps telling me to reformat. Causing loss of data. 

Not worth buying. Chromebook can't even read it. Trialled across Windows and Chromebook.

The concept is very basic. Like wide-ruled notebooks that say 100 pages on the front cover. 

c9dsihfoijasdofiasjdoifjag9.jpg

But there are actually only 3 pages inside, for example. So it looks like it works until all 3 pages are filled, then it circles back to overwrite the pages already written.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

A 4TB SSD for only $38? That's extremely suspect - I can't even a find a mere 2TB SSD priced less than $85, and that's a sale price. 

This is one of those classic "too good to be true" things: if the price seems suspiciously low compared to comparable products available, there's almost certainly a reason for that (and that reason is that it's usually got something wrong with it or it is a scam). 

You should expect to spend at least $300-400, if not more, for a 4TB SSD - the few I found on google were all from Western Digital and $399+ in price. 

If you still have it and it works, put your old drive back into your PC. The one you mention here in this thread that you bought is almost certainly a scam product or otherwise has something wrong with it, so return it if you still have that option.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply