cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying a Mattel Midge

I recently acquired this Mattel Midge doll. I deal with antique bisque dolls and have limited knowledge about the Barbie type dolls. I was trying to do some research on her, and have found that her markings don't match other Midge dolls I have found.  She is only marked Barbie, Pat. Pend c MCMIVIII by Mattel on one cheek and what looks like s or 8 on the other. Also, her ears are not pierced. She is definitely old and not a reproduction. Any thoughts from the Barbie Experts would be appreciated. mid1.jpgmid2.jpgmid3.jpgmid4.jpg

Elaine
doll lover since 1953
Photobucket
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The head is from an ordinary #860 Midge, swapped onto the body from a #5 Ponytail Barbie. Very common to find heads on the wrong bodies when dealing with childhood Barbie collections. If you look at your first photo you may notice that the head doesn't quite seem to fit. That's because it was originally issued on a later body with a larger neck knob. Midge did not come with earrings.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks so much. I suspected that she might be a "marriage".  I appreciate your help!

Elaine
doll lover since 1953
Photobucket
Message 3 of 3
latest reply