cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify doll

I would like to identify this doll and it's age.

China head , hands, and lower legs.

There are rope connections on the arms and legs.20230215_110000.jpg20230215_110020.jpg20230215_110051.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Identify doll

It's a modern reproduction of an antique parian doll.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Identify doll

Thank you for your reply.  This doll belonged to my mother in law, so I would like to say I have had it since the late 70's or early 80's.  Would it classify as vintage ?  I have tried to find images like it but have had no luck.

Joan

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Identify doll

Vintage is one of those mushy terms in any area of collecting. Antique in doll collecting is the same as any other area -- at least 100 years old. The term vintage often depends on the age of the person doing the classifying. To me, 70s isn't vintage, but someone much younger may consider it so. But there are only a very few areas of doll collecting where vintage is a defined range, and even those are in flux as younger collectors come along. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Identify doll

Hi, fleurlady1joan, I think "vintage" applies to items, including dolls, made in the 1980's and earlier. Thus, your doll is vintage. We have many dolls like this in our own collection. If your doll is small, it could be used as a dollhouse doll.  The dress colors give it a Christmas vibe. If it doesn't have an incised mark indicating country of origin, it probably had a small black and gold sticker on the bottom of a foot. No one cares about those stickers and someone like me would be inclined to remove and discard it. Your doll could have been made in Taiwan. Doll people know their stuff and recognize items for what they are.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply