cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I inharited a couple of dolls and was wondering what I had

I inharited three dolls. One I don't think is very old, maybe late 80s. The others I know are 75 years old, they were my great grandmothers. Any ID would be great. thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

A few more pictures

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi Nonigizerangs_8.

What are the numbers and letters on the back of their necks/heads?  They're blurry on my computer.  Sometime there are markings on the backs of the dolls also.  If you find any, please post them.  Which doll is from the 80's?  Post her too if you want anyone to have a look at her, lol.

All those clothes look wonderful.  Do you know if your Great Grandmother hand made any of them?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

What a treasure you have from your Grandmother and I think they are probably much older than 75.  Of course they both show some damage. The chip in the leg on the older one and the smaller one needs new stringing. It looks like the eyes on the smaller one might need to be reset.  You can research them on Ebay under all bisque antique dolls.

I assume since they belonged to your Grandmother you want to keep them. Like the previous comment you would need to show the numbers and writing on both of them to be able to identify and value them. Do the sleep eyes work etc., At least one is marked but I couldn't make out all the letters. They do look like German Bisque. And all those little clothes. I would love those. Like I said before. What a treasure.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hello Noni,
They are all bisque, and to help you ID them, a full photo of the dolls on a plain background, next to a ruler, and make sure you have a clear photo of any markings and their faces. Your dolls are very old, and have value, the little clothes have value as well. So it's worth your time to ID them.
Other advice is do not to try to fix anything up, and be careful selling valuable antiques to people who ask you, "How much do you want?"
A good rule of thumb is know what you are selling.

The little doll semi hidden, could be a Simon & Halbig, but that's just a guess without a better photo, the larger Kestner? Again, re-take those photos, and an expert will know right away.
Good Luck, and how lovely to inherit something so wonderful.
Mertzie

Photobucket

stop whining, I think it's killing the honeybees ...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply