cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping for doll ID for two dolls.

I am hoping to get some ID on a couple of dolls I have.  Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

The first doll was made in Germany according to the paperboard box.  It stands 6 3/4" tall and the whole body is made of a dull finished ceramic of some sort.  The shoes and stockings are painted on.  The eyes close when lying down....open when standing upright.  The hair is attached to a paper that fits snugly on the head.  The numbers on the back side of the head read as follows...83 top line, 125 second line, and either 76 1/2 or 16 1/2.  The 16 1/2 might make sense as a centimeter height of the doll?

The second doll has a shiny glazed ceramic head/shoulder plate, 3/4 arms, and full legs. Otherwise the body is cloth.  The initials RG is imprinted in the ceramic on the back shoulder plate.  The clothes may be original I have been told as there is see thru material lining the underside of the dress and covering the body...see picture.

Hope someone can help!  Thank you if you can.Doll 2 clothingDoll 2 clothingDoll 2 FrontDoll 2 FrontDoll 1 BackDoll 1 BackDoll 2 FaceDoll 2 FaceDoll 2 BackDoll 2 BackDoll 2 StampDoll 2 StampDoll 1 Face, Eyes openDoll 1 Face, Eyes openDoll 1 ImprintDoll 1 ImprintDoll 1 FrontDoll 1 FrontDoll 1 HairDoll 1 Hair

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Hoping for doll ID for two dolls.

The doll marked "RG" is a Ruth Gibbs doll, circa 1940's-50's. The German bisque doll might be a Kestner, but, I'm not 100% sure, she dates from the early 20th century.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply