cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Identifying Antique Doll

I'm looking for information and more details regarding the doll shown in the photos below.  I believe she dates from the 1890-1900 time period based on the birthdate of the original owner.    There are no marks on the head that I can see.  I believe all the hair and clothing are original.  Eyes do not move or "sleep."   She is approximately 18" tall.   In terms of looking for a mark on the back of the head, I unbuttoned the back of the outfit and looked as far down the back as I could.   I've looked with a high intensity led flashlight and I don't see a indented mark or an ink stamp.  The hair/wig is glued on (if that helps at all) .   I don't really want to undress her any further.  

Doll-001.jpgDoll-002.jpgDoll-003.jpgDoll-004.jpgDoll-005.jpgDoll-006.jpgDoll-007.jpgDoll-008.jpgDoll-009.jpgDoll-010.jpgDoll-011.jpgDoll-012.jpg

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Help Identifying Antique Doll

The doll is probably marked on the back of her upper neck, perhaps underneath the glued-on wig. If you really want to know who made that doll (which appears to be in good condition with antique clothing and original wig) you will need to carefully lift up just that portion of the wig to see if there are any markings. I think it is a doll made in Germany and the blue eyes are more rare than brown ones. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply