Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any info on antique cloth doll

1000001965.jpg

1000001961.jpg

1000001963.jpg

1000001962.jpg

 it seems like it was in a sitting position for decades in a case, the bottom of the shoes fell off I believe because of this, the quality even for today is amazing. I believe it to be 1880 to 1890, it is all hand stitched and embroidered, the buttons are differant sizes and not perfect, at first the buttons seem like plastic but taking a closer look they have wood swirls in them. Her shoes are made of leather that were hand cut and stitched by hand. I know nothing of its history, I found her at a thrift store where she was hidden because everyone was affraid of her. If anyone knows anything else about her I would be very interested.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi.

I am thinking that this doll was made from a kit you could buy or from a book of soft sculpture doll patterns.  I had them.  

And the timeline would probably be 1980's -90's.

She looks to be well made.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

That is a very charming, well-made (handmade) doll. The main thing that is throwing me off in terms of its age is that the dress and bloomers have machine-embrodery on them, and that would'nt have been available to a seamstress back circa 1900 or so.  I'm not sure that sewing machines had that capability until post WW-II, but I am not certain.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Sorry. My spelling and grammar are not up to speed this morning. 🙂

Message 4 of 4
latest reply