cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Girl IDs

Know nothing about these dolls other than some have resale value.  Trying to ID six dolls coming up for sale at auction.  Do not have access to dolls.  Looking at the net, I see where the net is referring to a number.  Is there a number and the doll and where is it located.   None have box, but how do I tell if this is original clothing?  Posted to Collectible Board and they suggested  coming to this board.amer doll blonde blue.JPGamer doll blonde.JPGamer doll heart.JPGamer doll jeans.JPGamer doll pink shorts.JPGamer doll red  shirt.JPG

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

American Girl IDs

This is the best website I know of for identifying American Girl (previously "Pleasant Company") dolls and their numerous outfits and accessories:  Complete Guide to American Girl Doll Collecting (curtdanhauser.com)

All the dolls you have pictured are genuine (not knock-off) AG dolls. There is no number on the dolls themselves. If someone is indicating a number in regard to one or more of the dolls, it could be a description of the facial mold/style of an American Girl of Today doll (that is what they were called, as opposed to one of the specific historical era dolls). Since Mattel acquired the company, the quality of the dolls and their things has gone downhill, but they are still one of the few doll brands that children play with in this modern age.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply