cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Favorite Music

I happen to enjoy listening to Pandora Radio. It is FREE.

You can choose what you like and what you don't like. My choices became "Healing Music". Some of the most soothing music plays here all day long now.

One thing you gotta pay attention to is now and then they will stop the music. And ask you if you are still listening? If you do not click that you are listening they may not let you listen any more.

What is your favorite music?

Group hugs for all,

DWB

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Your Favorite Music

Great topic idea DWB ...

My music changes from day to day ... I have a CD player that holds five CDs and I love to load it with music and listen all day.  I don't watch TV as we don't subscribe to cable so I listen to a LOT of music.

Today I loaded my CD player with Van Cliburn ... a classical pianist extraordinaire ... I got to see him perform live many many years ago.  That memory stays with me.

Who knows what I will listen to tomorrow.

Kate

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

Your Favorite Music

One of my frustrations is I'm an old fashioned radio junkie. I grew up when rock and roll was that "noise" your parents didn't want you to listen to. Back then was passed for rock and roll is now divided up into so many different genre that it's impossible to find any single station that plays a variety. 

When I do listen to the radio, I listen to it thru the TV or computer because I'm so far out in the boonies that I can't get stations unless I put up an antenna on the roof. I'll listen to Classic Rock, Jazz, The Blues, Alternative...pretty much anything except classical, country or rap. 

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Your Favorite Music

Solinoir try going to www.pandora.com

You can choose what you want. I have created about 13 different versions on there. One of them is just what you describe. Oldies 1950s and 1960s. You can choose from a big list. If you like it click on the "thumbs up". If you don't like it click on the "thumbs down".

Its FREE. So there's not even a tax on it.:^O

Kate you've tried this didn't ya?

DWB

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

Your Favorite Music

Yes, I have listened to a lot of music on Pandora ... I love that you can create your own playlist.  They sure have a lot of music to choose from.

Kate

Message 5 of 48
latest reply

Your Favorite Music

I will try it but the secret word is "you choose." I liked having someone else figure out what to play!

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

Your Favorite Music

I am a huge fan of Bob Dylan ... I have been listening to him for over 40 years.  I own a lot of his music on vinyl and CD.  Back in the day of Napster ... remember that ... I made quite a few Dylan compilations ... wound up with what I call the Quintessential Bob Dylan ... an entire CD of favorite music ... it's wonderful to listen to a CD of nothing but your favorite songs.

Kate

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

Your Favorite Music

Solinoir its easier than needing to actually pick songs out. I just put in a topic like "healing music".  They begin to play different songs. 

If you like it you click on "thumbs up". If you dont you click on "thumbs down". Not long after they are only playing "thumbs up" music. Throwing in a new one now and then.

I have created 18 different stations on Pandora.

One is all oldies from the 1950s and 1960s.

One is all Bob Dylin  . . . . Kate WOW ain't he good

One is all Pink Floyd

One is all solo piano

One is all Enya

And the list goes on. It was real easy to set up.

Just be sure to put it "on hold" if you need to leave the room for a while. Every now and then they stop and ask "are you still listening"?

If you don't click on it a lot of times they will shorten the times between asking you this.

With mine it goes hours without them asking.

DWB

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

Your Favorite Music

Went to a church neighborhood sale ... bought seven cd's for fifty cents a piece.  Got Grateful Dead, Neil Young, Greg Allman, Paul Simon and more.  Sure is a good thing that I got that second cd rack tower for six bucks at a garage sale not long ago.  I will fill that in no time at the rate I am going.

Today I will listen to Enya .... such soothing music.  She has the most amazing voice ... so pure. 

Kate

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Your Favorite Music

O'h Enya is wonderful. I have her in my favorites on Pandora. She is a very calming singer.

DWB 

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

Your Favorite Music

I bought a CD on ebay ... by Clannad ... it features Enya as the vocalist.  It was funny how I stumbled on it ... I was researching something else and this cd popped up on the list ... needless to say I had to buy it.  I remember listening to Clannad many years ago. 

Kate

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

Your Favorite Music

Got two new CD's in the mail yesterday.  Both by Nanci Griffith ... one is from 1988 - her first live performance.  The other is her latest release. 

Kate

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

Your Favorite Music

I like all kinds of music...punk, rock, alternative. opera (when I'm gardening), some rap but not much, blues, classic country like hank williams, loretta lynn, roger miller, and old cowboy songs, and polkas since I'm polish. I couldn't live without music.

I have pandora...iggy pop, ramones, british invasion, marilyn manson, beatles. I can only afford basic cable, so I paid $50. for a roku. so I can stream other music channels, too. 'Tune in' has radio stations from all over the world...they have my local college station...I may a bit long in the tooth but I like to keep up to date.

I'm going to a woodstock revival concert this weekend with a meetup group...1st time meeting these people. I have social anxiety disorder, but I'll be in my element at a concert, I hope. I get kind of lonely sometimes.

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Your Favorite Music

So nice to read your post Rubycat ... wow, a woodstock revival ... now that is a concert I would love to go to ... I just saw John Prine in concert at the local zoo ... it was fantastic.  My whole family was there ... the grandsons are two and three and they were rocking and dancing and having a ball.

I have anxiety problems myself ... was a medication for a long time but then my psychiatrist decided to take me off it.  Long term side effects.  So I am having to deal with anxiety as best I can.  It isn't easy.

Hope you have a great time at the concert.

Kate

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

Your Favorite Music

Hi agness! I'm not taking anything for the anxiety anymore, either, but take meds for major depression. I try to do breathing exercises, but sometimes it's hard to remember when your mind is racing or a full blown anxiety attack comes on. I tried yoga and meditation, but they are too slow for me.

I'd never heard of John Prine but I went and checked him out on youtube...that's good old country music.

We are going into day 6 of a heat wave here in Ct, and tomorrow it may get to 100. The biggest problem is the humidity...at 75% today, and that really raises the heat index. The a/c is not working in my car, so I may have to blow off the concert. I'm disappointed, but I don't think I will have that much fun with a heat index of 110 or more.

Message 15 of 48
latest reply