cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wanted to say HI everyone!

Halloween is full swing in our yard already.   I have not been feeling great since I had COVID in August.   Keith has been doing all of the work, at least he's retired now.   He started setting up in August. 

Over the pneumonia and sinus infection last month but still have LOTS of cramping and spasms in my hips and no clue what that's about.    I try to get out and walk a bit but just walking around stores is causing the spasms.  My trusty tens unit and heat pads just are not helping.  

I am supposed to help him put up LOTS of webbing which is a two person job.  I really WANT to do it so I will have to convince it to do it short 10 to 15 min sessions. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

So sorry that you don't feel well.  I hate when I have unexplained aches and pains. 

I have been thinking about you and your amazing Halloween displays.

My friend an his family does the same but on a much smaller scale, and donates the contributions to St. Judes.

Last year they raised over $10,000 and was number one in the country. 

Denise

Message 2 of 45
latest reply

@denise15601.  

Wow!  10k.   They must accept donations throughout the month.   Saint Judes is a great charity. 

We raised the most 2 years ago. $6500.  Last year almost as good at $5800. 

We are only open 30th and 31st from 5 to 10pm. 

I'd love to see pictures of their display.   Do they have a FB page?  

Message 3 of 45
latest reply

I can't find a way to share their page since it goes back to the St. Judes page.  But the father's name is John Ruggieri in Greensburg, PA. 

You could message him and tell him that Denise Ohr sent you.

They are such a wonderful and caring family. Suzanne's first husband died from cancer at a young age so they are always helping cancer patients.

Denise

Message 4 of 45
latest reply

Here's a link to a fun article that our local paper did last year.  It has a few funny stories of scares and tells how we got started in this... ( hint... I married into it 🤣)  

https://thisistucson.com/todo/theres-a-spooky-show-in-this-front-yard-every-halloween-and-it-raises-...

( It is okay to click the continue to another site link... this something to do with eBay's programming that is causing this)  

@whotoldya   I thought you might get a laugh out of this.  

In case you're afraid of the offsite link here's a quote and it's true!   

"So what have the Stewarts learned after more than two decades of haunting?

Keith thinks for a minute then says: “Don't scare somebody so much that they poop themselves.”

And before you ask: Yes, this really happened.

“The mother was saying, ‘My daughter needs to go home and change her pants, but she wants to come back. Will you charge us to go through again?’” Jenny says with a laugh. “I’m like, ‘No, that’s OK. You earned it.’”

Message 5 of 45
latest reply

O  No  ...  That poor kid ... She had a wonderful  nite anyway .....

One of our Nieces did that the first day of school  ... When asked she said she thought it was a Fart ... Bot it was a poop ....  

Wishing you a wonderful Halloween celebration .... 

DWB

Message 6 of 45
latest reply

@whotoldya wrote:

One of our Nieces did that the first day of school  ... When asked she said she thought it was a Fart ... Bot it was a poop ....  

DWB

@whotoldya wrote:

DWB

Message 7 of 45
latest reply

We have a lot of new creeturs around here now ... The way they are building houses  .... Thousands at a time ... 

Be Safe Out There

DWB 

Message 8 of 45
latest reply

I don't like this time of year, since I have to cut down my pretty flowers and trash my veggie plants.  Lots of work, but I am slowly getting it done.

Not looking forward to winter ice and snow, either.

My friend who has a huge Halloween display to benefit St. Judes has made over $15,000 so far this month!

Denise

Message 9 of 45
latest reply

@denise15601   That's awesome that they raise so much money!   I did a search for them on FB and saw a lot of their photos.  Very nice display!  

Message 10 of 45
latest reply

Good morning everyone ....

Hope e your Halloween went well .... Such a fun holiday ....  Lots of kids roaming our area knocking on doors ... All dressed up so nice .... 

Hope your hard work went well ...    

Be Safe Out There

DWB

Message 11 of 45
latest reply

My only Halloweener was my grandson, which was okay.  I live on a dark and dangerous road.  Back in the day when my daughters were young, I did have Halloweeners then.  But those kids have grown up and moved away.

I am Thrilled to say that my friends who do the Skeletons for St. Jude, raised $20,142 this year!!!!  They doubled what they raised last year.  How wonderful!

I got my Covid booster yesterday and am okay so far.  Too many people that I know have Covid right now.

Message 12 of 45
latest reply

We have a big jug full of change .... Going to go thru them all and seek some may have more than face value ...   It is so nice just sitting there with my pretty wife doing that .. May have enough change to buy a bag of groceries ... Have a nice Holiday Season ... 
DWB 

We have a big jug full of change .... Going to go thru them all and seek some may have more than face value ...   It is so nice just sitting there with my pretty wife doing that .. May have enough change to buy a bag of groceries ... Have a nice Holiday Season ... 
DWB 

Message 13 of 45
latest reply

@whotoldya.    We wouldn't know which coins were worth saving so they get spent.    🙂    

The only thing Keith saves is pennies because he likes filling our elephant wine bottle and only pennies or dimes fit.  

Message 14 of 45
latest reply

Here is some over view when going thru your ponies :

1919- thru 191958 are "Wheat Pennies Pennies"

Save those ... 

1959 - u[p are kind of Pocket Change .. 

Collectors have Lots of interest in those .... 

I have been a collector all my life ..  Have sold most of my collection ..... 

Enjoy The Search

DWB  

Message 15 of 45
latest reply