cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help ID blenko-ish green glass bowl with "lens" TIA

2-1/4" tall 12" diameter with "lens" in the middle convex on  the top and convex on the bottom. Any help greatly appreciated

20200215_222416~2.jpg

20200215_222447~2.jpg

  

20200216_115025~2.jpg

20200216_115150~2.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Please help ID blenko-ish green glass bowl with "lens" TIA

I don't know but it appears to be an insert. Like it should be inside of something. Look at "Brides Baskets" for starters.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks I did some searches.  Brides baskets are fancy frilly things I learned.  Couldn't find anything remotely close. Thanks for the idea though. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

A glass bowl designed to set or fit in a fancy aluminum filigree basket, usually with a stand bottom to elevate it off the table,  sometimes found with a handle.  Vintage.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you  I looked at a couple thousand more images on worthpoint  nothing close to this shape that fits in a fancy stand.   If you know of any kind of match with its stand please share a picture or link for it. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Can't tell if this is very old. Not sure what a "lens" is. If it's a pontil mark or just supposed to look like one. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you I've never heard of the fake pontil mark has anyone else?  But then I I called it a "lens" so what do I know? it's not what I would call "very old "  but that's rather subjective I think, to me "very old" is pre-1900.  Given that it was part of my mom's collection its  1950's to 60s maybe earlier it was stored with some depression glass and EAPG..

Message 7 of 7
latest reply