cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need ID - Hazelware glass pattern

I posted the photo of the glass I need an ID on in photos (I am not sure how to attach it here). I have been trying to come up with some kind of value on this set but can't find the pattern anywhere. It is in the original box (the box is not in great shape - it was in my parents' basement for many years). The box says it is Hazelware, 22K gold rim. It is a set of eight 11 1/2 oz glasses. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Need ID - Hazelware glass pattern

> I posted the photo of the glass I need an ID on in > photos (I am not sure how to attach it here). I have > been trying to come up with some kind of value on > this set but can't find the pattern anywhere. It is > in the original box (the box is not in great shape - > it was in my parents' basement for many years). The > box says it is Hazelware, 22K gold rim. It is a set > of eight 11 1/2 oz glasses. Any help would be > greatly appreciated. Thanks! I attempted to refer to the photo. I hope it worked.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I hope that we can be of assistance in your request. If anyone out there has a book of tumblers or is familiar with the tumblers please let us know. Any info would be helpful and appreciated. I've checked my Hazel Atlas Book by Gene Florence but came up dry. I'm guessing that there are many other HA tumblers that don't show in my book. Here is a thumbnail of the glass in question. Just click on it to go to the photo album for a closer look. -- Warmest Regards, Yan
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Just a bit of info about when your glasses might have been produced. I found this info on the following site. http://www.tiaraman.webs.com/Brockway/Brockway.htm I thought the colors on your glasses suggested an early 70's production. I found that Hazel Ware was a name given to Hazel Atlas glass after they were purchased by Brockway glass in 1972. This would confirm my hunch about the time period for your glasses. Check out the link to read more about it. I hope this tidbit of information helps. :-) -- Warmest Regards, Yan
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I don't know anything about the tumblers, but I did identify one of my egg plates on that Brockway url! I have the green egg plate shown that was in Duz detergent boxes. Thanks, Yan! I'm sure it's not worth much,but I like it to use. ~Karen
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Thanks Yan, But the box (I will need to get a picture) lettering suggests older than the 70s. I have many examples of various boxes (my parents kept everything) from different decades. If you scroll down to the bottom of the link, the Hazel Ware name started in 1956: "Hazel-Atlas Timeline with Brockway Info: 1902: The Hazel Glass Company and the Atlas Cap Company, neighbors in Washington, PA, merge to form the Hazel-Atlas Glass Company. 1956-Hazel-Atlas bought by Continental Can Company; production of glass under the trade name Hazel-Ware begins. Hazel-Atlas was known as the tableware division of Continental Can. 1964-Continental Can sells 6 Hazel-Atlas factories to the Brockway Glass Company as part of a lawsuit settlement. The six plants mainly produced glass containers." I guess I will continue to search.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Oops, I guess I missed that operative word.... continues when I read that page. Sorry about that. 😮 Been googling and checking other auction sites but haven't come across any glasses exactly like yours. Will keep them in mind while surfing. :-) To Karen: Glad that link helped you. :-) -- Warmest Regards, Yan
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

To me, the colors scream "early 70s", but I haven't been able to find the glasses anywhere. bb
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I'll take pictures of the box & post them, probably after Thanksgiving.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I just posted photos of the box the Hazelware glasses came in (in my photo album). I'm hoping this will help in the ID & date.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

klvd8220
Enthusiast
from the hazel atlas website the glasses were made between 1957 to 1964 . That was when Hazel atlas merged with continental can.other than that have no idea on what to call your ice tea glasses. hope this helps
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

According to the History of Hazel Atlas in my Hazel Atlas Glass Identification & Value Guide by Gene and Cathy Florence 2005 Edition it states on page 8: "1956 - Sold to Continental Can Company; sale held up seven years until the courts decided it wasn't a monopoly in 1963. During this interim, products were continued to be sold as Hazel-Atlas products, albeit through catalogs marked as distributed by Continental Can; and beyone that time, at least into the 1970's, they were sold as Hazelware products." Looking at the stamps on the box these glasses were distributed by Continental Can and marked Hazelware. I deduce that your glasses were made within the time period of 1956 into the 70's. The colors still seem to me to be of the 70's era. I have not found any Hazel-Atlas glasses exactly like yours to compare in any books or online. I hope this information helps. If you are willing to hang on to your glasses perhaps there will be more information to come forth in the future. -- Warmest Regards, Yan
Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

The logo design seems to me to be older than 70s and I never remember my parents ever using those glasses, so I am assuming they were in the basement since the early to mid 60s. They are definitely in used condition.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply