cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID help please

I'm not positive, but I think this is Hocking Miss America peach or pink. I can't find this piece for a positive ID. Anyone out there who can help me?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

ID help please

when my wife returns tonight I will ask her, she is a walking encyclopedia on depression glass, she can spot fakes and knows her stuff, i will ask....i have always been a ebay buyer, but yesterday i posted my 1st sell listing...i need help on the shipping, as alot of what i will be selling is heavy pottery and depression glass. Jim

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

ID help please

Thank you, I  am looking forward to hearing what she thinks.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

ID help please

Im sorry she looked at picture. ..she was not aware of that piece. ..but we tried...good luck. ..jim
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

ID help please

Thank you for trying

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

ID help please

Your welcome...so sorry...if she would part with her glass. ..she could probably buy a Cadillac. ..
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

ID help please

Could this be a Westmoreland Diamond Point dish/powderbox.  Here is an example on eBay..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MILK-GLASS-DIAMOND-POINT-COVERED-CANDY-BOWL-LID-WESTMORELAND-/251319561315?p...

Warmest Regards,
Yan
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

ID help please

Hi... I was wondering if you ever came to any conclusions on this? Sorry, I apologize if I'm a bit late. Not new to ebay, but new to joining an ebay group and going to have to learn the ropes. Anyway, it looks like Westmoreland to me for sure! I, too, have a piece of Westmoreland glass in an ice blue color that I've had a hard time finding more info on, value, etc... This is a beautiful piece! 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

ID help please

Westmoreland made a 6" covered puff box in pink in the English Hobnail pattern. Unfortunately, my book doesn't show a picture of it. Similar pattern, though.

bb

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

ID help please

The English Hobnail puff box is shown on the Glass Etch & Pattern site http://chataboutdg.com/gallery/ but has no feet.  The covered candy dish is tall, no feet.  Sorry, no other ideas at the present time.

bb

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

ID help please

Yes, I do believe it is Westmoreland 3 footed covered candy dish in diamond point pattern.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

ID help please

Your covered dish is definitely is the English Hobnail pattern made by Westmoreland Glass. It is the three footed candy dish with lid. I have one of Gene Florence's Depression Glass reference books from 1984 that has a photo that includes the candy dish in pink. He states in the article that the pink was made at different time frames and causing the shades of color to range from a very light pink to an almost peach color. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

ID help please

My Florence book doesn't have a picture of it, but he does list an English Hobnail 3 footed candy dish in both pink and green, with a book value of $65. If you're looking for a general price range for selling on ebay, I usually use about 1/2 of book value or 1/2 of Replacements.com's price.

bb

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

ID help please

p.s.  Here's a link to the photos on Replacements.com of the 3-footed candy dish in both white and clear.

http://search.replacements.com/texis/search/?order=ClientCount-d&query=english%20hobnail%20candy%20d...

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

ID help please

The one on replacements seems to have a different shape knob on top.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply