cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cambridge Sugar Shaker & Creamer Gloria Pattern

Hello Glass people. This is my first post in this group. We have had this set of Gloria etching 1746 Pattern Gloria sugar shaker with glass top and creamer in Peach Blo (pink) for many years. I think it is time to part with them even if they are rare, its time to go. In your honest opinion what do you think a value would be? I have a figure in mind but want to explore others thoughts.

Thanks.

Ken

diane1.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

hi, the book price via "elegant glass" by randy and debby coe 2001,page 116:the gloria syrup or creamer that goes with sugar shifter 6.25" is $145 in pink/green and the 6.75" sugar sifter #40 Footed is $295. those are retail prices from 13 years ago. would suggest to set a reserve that you would be happy with, and see what happens as it doesn't cost more to relist if reserve is not met.someone who wants it for a personal collection might pay a current retail price. someone who is looking to sell it at a show, would only pay 1/2 to 3/4 current retail. hope this helps, they are very lovely!

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, I have the Florence 8th edition and it shows $325 & $25. I figured there would be a drop in value. But because of the rarity of the sugar, creamers are not as rare but them glass tops on the sugar are usually broken. I think it would be best not to split them up and sell them as a set at around $350.00 and they are the Peach Blow color. Thanks for your input.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I would recommend a starting price at your low end rather than posting a reserve. That lets people know up front what the minimum price is vs. guessing. I've found that using reserve pricing is a turnoff to many buyers.

good luck,

bb

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi, Your right on people dont like reserve listings but on the first time around it will give a seller a close idea what bidders will pay for an item. I think this allows us to see what others think of the value for an item and if it dont sell you can price it according to past bids the second time if it dont sell with the reserve. I never put in a reserve unless I am unsure of a value but have a close understanding of the value.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks all for your input. After a hard decision as how to list I decided to set a reserve to see the activity generated. I posted it and within an hour it was sold with the buy it now at $376.00 minus of course the high ebay fees but I guess that is the cost of doing business. All in all I think it went well. Thanks again. Ken

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Congratulations!

bb

Message 7 of 7
latest reply