cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hazel Atlas Glassware needing ID help

erlnmry
Enthusiast
Hello everyone. My new challenge is 3 miscellaneous Hazel Altas pieces that I haven't been able to ID as of yet. I just uploaded 3 photos to my album. Any help you can provide is appreciated. I will keep looking in the meantime. Also, I have been snooping around Ebay and see that there are also discussion boards where people ask for ID help. So, I am a bit confused as to the proper forum to use... any thoughts on one versus the other?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

hedgehogzoom
Enthusiast
Hi Erlnmry! Your photos have been approved. I know all of these are in one of my books.......... I think the last one is called "X-design"--might be a nickname. I have to go off-line until tomorrow so I hope you don't mind waiting until the morning? Thanks! Take care & have a great evening. Talk to ya tomorrow AM! HH
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

hedgehogzoom
Enthusiast
Hi! Well--this is my second attempt at this so if my first shows up as a partial reply....... please just LAUGH! My hubby is staying up later than usual so I can be on-line a bit longer than anticipated! Hurray! ANYway--my source is Florence's HAZEL ATLAS GLASS ID AND VALUE GUIDE, copydated 2005. I believe pg. 219 shows your dish pattern in what is called X-Design. The attributed date of mfg. is in the 1930s. Pgs. 170-171 appear to show the creamer in the pattern I have always heard called Colonial Block. However, the authors also call it Modernistic. They do not specify a date of mfg. altho pg. 172 does show this pattern in an ad. which is dated c. 1927. If memory serves, I think I have seen other sources dating this pattern to the late 20s-early 30s but I can' document that off the top of my head right now. I was unable to find the tumbler on my quick skim thru the HA book but I'm pretty sure I have seen it listed elsewhere as Hexagonal. You may want to research that pattern in the HA section of eBay. Hope this helps some! Gotta go so my computer-pecking doesn't keep my better half awake! Take care! HH
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

hedgehogzoom
Enthusiast
Good Morning! Hey--at 3AM something hit me! I'm thinking your tumbler is actually Jeannette's Hex Optic rather than HA! However, I have having problems viewing your photos to confirm! Sometimes I can see 'em, while other times I just get a red X! DUH moment here, huh? ANYway--you might want to check out Jeannette pieces to make sure. Have a good one! HH
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

erlnmry
Enthusiast
Thanks A Million! Sounds like a great book to add to my collection. Regarding the tumbler, it is definitely Hazel Atlas because it has the HA logo on the bottom. Will post an update if/when I find out the exact info.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

hedgehogzoom
Enthusiast
HMMMMMMMMMM............the tumbler has the HA T.M., eh? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................. I tried to pull the pic of it up but just got another red X but Yanny says that other sites are having the same problem so.......... Did you go on any other sites to id this tumbler pattern? I coulda sworn it was Jeannette! LOL! Please let us know if you find it anywhere--I am REALLY curious! Take care & have a great day! HH
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

hedgehogzoom
Enthusiast
Hi again! Just wanted to say that if this tumbler had been Jeannette, there is a chance it could have their T.M. of the letter J inside a triangle. Another Jeannette T.M. is the letter J inside of a square but I don't remember ever hearing that this was placed on the Hex Optic pattern. Take care all & have lovely evening! HH
Message 7 of 7
latest reply