cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depression Glasses Iris Herringbone

I just bought several pieces of Jeanette Iris and Herringbone pieces . The 9 1/2 inch plates seem to  have cloudiness inside the rims , how much does this hurt the selling price ?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Could the cloudiness be from dishwasher residue? If so, it should come off with a little vinegar or some citrus cleaner. If it doesn't come off, you may need to read the ebay listings details for similar pieces to see if it's a common issue and how it affects value.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I tried the dishwashing soap and vinegar . It seems to be inside the glass . I also read to try using vaseline , didn't work either . I know the older glass has imperfections , it almost looks like specks of dust inside . Thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hello,  Could you show a picture?  That pattern is not always really clear glass.  The dinner plates were reproduced, so if you could show a picture, that might help.  Sharon

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Probably dishwasher damage.. when the heat element kicks on it fries the glass. Not sure what the chemical reaction is.. the dishwasher can do damage. Especially on pained items and crystal... calcum here would not be the culprit but heat may be.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Probably dishwasher damage.. When the heat element kicks on it fries the glass. Not sure what the chemical reaction is. The dishwasher can do damage. Especially on pained items and crystal, calcum here would not be the culprit but heat may be.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Probably dishwasher damage..

Message 7 of 7
latest reply