cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consecutive runs: Four lots of 15 each, two lots of 30 each, or one lot of 60?

I've got 60 consecutive issues of mid-grade Bronze Age Thor comics. I'd estimate that each comic individually is worth roughly $2 or $3. Am I better off selling them in four lots of 15, two lots of 30, or one single lot?

Do buyers want a large run to read all at once, or might I get more folks bidding on smaller lots that have just the comics they really need?

FYI, in my experience I could use free USPS boxes for lots of 15 or 30, but for a lot of 60 I would likely need a box I’d buy myself.

Which strategy will earn me the most money net?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Consecutive runs: Four lots of 15 each, two lots of 30 each, or one lot of 60?

I would say that this will differ based on the popularity of the Comic and if the run or runs you are listing have an key issues included. 

I have sold runs over the years, with key issues for this purpose as people will tend to cherry pick the keys and leave me with the "unremarkable" issues that are harder to unload. 

More lots = more work so if you calculated avg of 2.50 per issue, then selling the whole run for $150 will be the least amount of shipping and customer service, tracking payments, etc. 

if you list 4 lots of 15 that is 4 times the work. I advise you to calculate this work into your net return calculations.  These hidden "work" costs are the ones that end up putting you in the red on large lot quantities. 

Often times you will find that selling the whole lot for $2.25 will make more money than selling them in $4 lots of 15 books at $2.50. 

If your runs are not selling you can also try mixed bundles. Included the names of the titles you will include but this is the way I was able to get rid of many of my "unremarkable" issues. 

I hope that his helps!

Message 2 of 2
latest reply