cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this a real original k. paul painting?

is this a real original German artist Karl Paul. == k. paul painting? and whats worth?

Tracey

DSC06977.JPGDSC06978.JPGDSC06979.JPGDSC06980.JPGDSC06981.JPGDSC06982.JPGDSC06985.JPGDSC06986.JPG

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: is this a real original k. paul painting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks to be the same artist as the one in the following link. I don't know if it's the German artist Karl Paul. The setting of your painting appears to be the shores of Lake Victoria in Africa. No idea of value, but I would think it's just a nice tourist picture.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174621219611

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

@loglin2009 wrote:

is this a real original German artist Karl Paul. == k. paul painting?

If this is the Karl Paul you are referring to (1890-1969), then no - it wasn't painted by him:

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/karl-paul-kartoffelstecken-4334-c-78b4819a5b 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Just to be clear, I agree with Palmtreelucky that the K. Paul who painted the artwork in the link below also painted yours:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174621219611 

However, the German artist Karl Paul (born in 1890 in Reichenau bei Zittau, died 1969 in Zittau) appears to be an entirely different artist:

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/karl-paul-kartoffelstecken-4334-c-78b4819a5b 

So I think the eBay seller is in error here. Their painting isn't by the German artist Karl Paul (1890-1969), and nor is yours.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Agreed. 

OP's lake Victoria scene was painted by the same person who painted the African scene linked to in Palmtreelucky's post.  However, the seller in that link is wrong in attributing it to "German artist Karl Paul. Of Reichenau or Zittau. Born 1890."  It is not by that artist, nor is OP's painting by that artist.

=

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

ok, 

i can see a similarity on both paintings, and you are saying that it was not done by k.paul that the seller is referring to, 

then, who is this K.paul that painted his and mine?

they just happen to have the same name?

and what about price? the 450 is too high for it?

also, if i list, how should i word it, just - Lake victoria painting by K Paul

Thanks in advance for your advice, 

Tracey

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@w9bill wrote:

ok, 

i can see a similarity on both paintings, and you are saying that it was not done by k.paul that the seller is referring to, 

Thanks in advance for your advice, 

Tracey

Correct.  It was not done by the artist that the seller attributes it to.  That is, it was not painted by the German artist Karl Paul (1890 - 1969). 

Many people have the same name.  And, in any event, K. Paul is not necessarily Karl Paul.  The K could be for Katherine, Keith, Kevin, Khalil, Kim, Kyle, Karen, Kelly, Kenneth, Kiara... 

As for who the K. Paul is who painted your picture and the other one listed on eBay, wd don't know at this point who that person is.  We don't know the first name.  We don't know for sure that K. Paul is the artist's real name.  Many, many more hours of research may identify the artist, and knowing the identity may or may not add any monetary value to the work.

=

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@w9bill wrote:

I don't know who your K. Paul is, unfortunately. I think the pricing of the other listing is ambitious (keep an eye on it to see whether it sells). But your painting does have an appeal, even if the artist is unknown. Choose a price you would be happy with, and list it with Best Offer to see if there are any expressions of interest. The great advantage of eBay is that you can experiment with prices - if you list it too high and it doesn't sell, there's no harm done, and no embarrassment involved in lowering the price afterwards. "Lake Victoria painting by K. Paul" is a perfectly accurate descriptive title, and is really all you need.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

In that link to the other auction @argon38  found, the seller also mentions "...or artist Paul Kujal."

I did not research either, just mentioning in case anyone wants to 😁

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Looks more to me like K Phul.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@mendocinosocialclub wrote:

the seller also mentions "...or artist Paul Kujal."😁

Yeah, I noticed that - but there's no obvious basis for the Paul Kujal suggestion, either:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/17430488_paul-kujal-20th-century-oil-painting 

Palmtreelucky is probably right about them being "nice tourist pictures" and not by an artist of note. But I can see someone liking the OP's painting enough to want to hang it on their wall.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

Looks more to me like K Phul.

It's not bringing up anything for me in Google searches.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Oh yeah, I do like the paint application of the palm leaves using the handle of the brush to move the paint, but a lot of it is kinda clumsy [ie. the clouds] imho.

Dunno if ya'll have those sidewalk art buskers that do the 'galaxy  / outer space' paintings out on the sidewalks using spray paint and simple cardstock shapes. This kinda reminds me of the vintage version of that. It's nice, it is what it is, and for some it's just fine for a wall.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

K. Phul ... sounds like it should be someone's nom de plume like: "m'kay fool" 😂

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@mendocinosocialclub wrote:

K. Phul ... sounds like it should be someone's nom de plume like: "m'kay fool" 😂

😄  Rappers take note.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply