cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ben earl looney

I'd like to find out about how much is reasonable to sell my ben earl looney painting for.  it's of the home of caroline dorman ( now the briarwood nature reserve at katsatchie national forest) the cabin still exists there. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: ben earl looney

No one here can answer that question for you.   There are too many factors to calculate, and too many ways for a seller to be irritated by the result of any answer given to him by one of us.

So:

A.  You can list it with an opening bid of a buy-in-now price at the minimum price you'd be willing to accept.

B.  You can have it appraised by a professional.

C.  You can check past auction results, at the link below, where you will find a lot of information, including this from Mutual Art:  " Ben Earl Looney was an American artist who was born in 1905. Ben Earl Looney's work has been offered at auction multiple times, with realized prices ranging from $450 USD to $1,220 USD, depending on the size and medium of the artwork. Since 2012 the record price for this artist at auction is $1,220 USD for Atchafalaya, sold at Neal Auction Company in 2017. The artist died in 1981."

Much more here for you:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=hHroX6j1O7Cc5wK_7bq4DA&q=auction+results+ben+earl+looney&oq=auction...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No one here can answer that question for you.   There are too many factors to calculate, and too many ways for a seller to be irritated by the result of any answer given to him by one of us.

So:

A.  You can list it with an opening bid of a buy-in-now price at the minimum price you'd be willing to accept.

B.  You can have it appraised by a professional.

C.  You can check past auction results, at the link below, where you will find a lot of information, including this from Mutual Art:  " Ben Earl Looney was an American artist who was born in 1905. Ben Earl Looney's work has been offered at auction multiple times, with realized prices ranging from $450 USD to $1,220 USD, depending on the size and medium of the artwork. Since 2012 the record price for this artist at auction is $1,220 USD for Atchafalaya, sold at Neal Auction Company in 2017. The artist died in 1981."

Much more here for you:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=hHroX6j1O7Cc5wK_7bq4DA&q=auction+results+ben+earl+looney&oq=auction...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you. I'm new to this still.😊

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I was glad to help, and I hope some of the links proved useful, including the one I quoted from which I hope gave you a good place to start in trying to value your painting.  It sounds like you have something quite nice.

Happy New Year to you!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply