cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wooden notebook from 1937

I have this old wooden notebook that is signed by the people of the class of 1937.
From some of the fraternity symbols used I think it's from a collage but can't find any school name.
Is there a way to figure out what collage it is from using the symbols?

Have a great day
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Try googling names of some of the students who signed the book, along with "1937" and the word "college" in the search also.  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Lamba Chi Alpha is a fraternity with almost 200 chapters.  Sigma Theta Tau is a nursing honor society.   

Debora

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks.

I've tried that a few times and really didn't come up with anything useful.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks.

I'll try looking them up from the 30s and see if I can find anything.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Another question?

If I wanted to put it up as an auction, what would be a good starting price?

The notebook itself is in pretty bad shape, but with the signatures, I figure it would be worth something to a collector, be even better if I could figure out what school.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Is it a notebook or a binder?  You can go to familysearch.org and do a search with first + last name + residence year of 1937.   (Working with male names, of course.)  If you can find a couple individuals in the same place, you may be able to identify college.  Also, you could cross-reference any additional Greek organizations which might narrow down a bit.  But not sure identifying school will add much to value -- which, in my opinion, is negligible.  I'd be happy to be wrong.

Debora

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi. I've always called them notebooks, never thought about a binder.

I was on that site today looking up a few names and checking ages. Found a couple that might have been in the age range, but different states.

I did a little searching on a couple of the fraternity's to see if I can find anything that way and contacted one and waiting for a reply.

I don't know if it would add any value to it, but I think it would be neat to know where it was from?

Have a great day
Message 8 of 8
latest reply