cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wild Bill's Lamp Company Kerosene Lamp info

Saw this lamp in a thrift store and trying to find some info/history.  Wild Bill's Lamp Company. Thank you.lamp.jpg 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Wild Bill's Lamp Company Kerosene Lamp info

You don't have a close up of the badge? That would help as well as close ups of the base, etc.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It's a new copy of an old lamp.  The name "Wild Bill's" was my first clue, because it's doubtful anything actually of the era of the original of this lamp would be called that.  Anyhow, I Googled it and found a wholesaler who sells, among other things, these "antique finish" lamps:

https://www.wildbillwholesale.com/vintage-antique-finish-pony-express-oil-lamp/

So, as -sonoma- said, you do need to provide more, and better pictures, of your lamp before anyone here can decide anything about it. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

That should read that it "may be a new copy of an old lamp."

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You got some really good information. Glad it's still sitting on the counter of the shop who is selling it. Hopefully you didn't buy it.

When I go picking or to the auction my numro uno rule #1 is; it's probably a knock off until I can prove otherwise. Doesn't matter what I am buying. Heck, the Asian and Indians are even stooping so low as to reproduce antique gold & silver jewelry..grrrrrrrr
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@juststuffisell wrote:

... my numro uno rule #1 is; it's probably a knock off until I can prove otherwise.  Doesn't matter what I am buying.

An excellent rule. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply