cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheat Pennies

So what on earth is going on in Lincoln pennies ? People posting RARE 1941 NO MINT MARK as an example, and wanting extreme amount of money. Also many more auctions posting worthless pennies at high cost. Are these people for real?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Wheat Pennies

There are 1.3 active listing on eBay.   A goodly number of the items for sale are misidentified or misrepresented, innocently or intentionally.   Many asking prices are unrealistic.  Just be a smart buyer yourself and buy only what you know, at prices you believe to be fair, from sellers who appear reputable, and carry on.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Wheat Pennies

That should read:  "There are 1.3 billion active listings on eBay."   Sorry.  Got distracted.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Wheat Pennies

@wny_collectibles_plus wrote:

So what on earth is going on in Lincoln pennies ? People posting RARE 1941 NO MINT MARK as an example, and wanting extreme amount of money. Also many more auctions posting worthless pennies at high cost. Are these people for real?

i'm a long-time coin seller/buyer...

to me there are two possibilities...

1 - seller honestly has no clue, and is of the mind "i've never seen one so it must be rare and valuable"... i've seen that more times than i like to think about...

2 - seller is fishing, trying to hook and reel in a real sucker...

in this case, i think it's #2... i've seen the listing in question and there is too much detail for it to be an ignorant seller...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply