cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Western Landscape Artist M GOODYEAR Painting - ID help?

Picked up this very nice painting today.  It is signed "M GOODYEAR".  The quality is such that this guy must be a professional, but I can't find anything else on him, except one possible auction result that also does not list his name ( http://www.artnet.com/artists/m-goodyear/springtime-on-the-open-range-wryfSbDZYK92Y6tFfkp9dA2 ).

Does anybody have a better clue?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Unknown Western Landscape Artist M GOODYEAR Painting - ID help?

I don't find anything on your artist, but the picture is not a western landscape, moose are found in the northeast.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Huh?

We have moose in Colorado as well - I saw my first moose in Rocky Mountain National Park.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yeah, I was gunna let that go.  The fact that moose used to eat the trees in my front yard in Alaska pretty much says all I need to know on that submission.  I'm really more interested in finding out artist info.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Al have recently come across this box of pastels with the name M. Goodyear written on the front. Also is the place name Tenby, which is a place not far from here in Pembrokeshire. Hope this helps. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@vendredi_antiques wrote:

Picked up this very nice painting today.  It is signed "M GOODYEAR".  The quality is such that this guy must be a professional, but I can't find anything else on him, except one possible auction result that also does not list his name ( http://www.artnet.com/artists/m-goodyear/springtime-on-the-open-range-wryfSbDZYK92Y6tFfkp9dA2 ).

Does anybody have a better clue?

The linked page actually does show the artists name for "Springtime on the Open Range"-

Now we know 2 paintings done by M. Goodyear. I haven't found anything else.

Very nice find!

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 6 of 6
latest reply