Did you mean: 

Table , pewter , can anyone give me any info on this table ? It is so odd

029A7B7D-6773-468E-AB55-9FAE03BE2514.jpeg

C25D7F50-62DD-4A0A-937E-9C64287C4549.jpeg

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

To me this looks like a home made construction of Victorian lamp and chandelier parts and a modern round glass and bulb socket from a mid-century or later floor lamp.   At first I didn't notice the lower part because of the other objects in the photo.  

Rita

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Pictures against a plain background would sure help.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@patd3283 wrote:

Pictures against a plain background would sure help.

Agreed.  I can't make heads nor tails of it, with so much clutter and dirt and so little light were it's needed. 

I agree with Rita that it could be home-made, given the disparate elements.  The "jewelled" hanging lamps look sort of Turkish or Moroccan, for example, at least to me. 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I thought it was some type of nighttime lawn mowing rig with the wheels and all. So, it's a stand-alone light for indoors?

Aside from taking isolated shots of the whole contraption, the jeweled drop lights deserve close-ups.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Look at Loevsky Lamps

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@sonomabarn67 wrote:

...the jeweled drop lights deserve close-ups.

I agree.  Too bad the "jewels" are missing here and there.  Do they have a Turkish / Moroccan / Middle Eastern look to you, too, or is that just me?

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Oops.  Cross-post.  You may have nailed it.  Look at this Loevsky monstrosity interesting lamp:

Lov14.png

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Well..what do you know!  I guess I stand corrected.  

Rita

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Looking at Maxines example, it looks like something the neighborhood cats might have put together for battle after reading a few Redwall books. I see cats with swords flying about those hanging lights.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

This is, as another eBayer noted, a Loevsky product. Loevsky - now defunct - operated out of New Jersey for several years. The company constructed decorative lamps, table lamps, sconces, etc. out of various metal and glass/ crystal components - often positioning them in various creative ways to make all kinds of unique items. You lamp - which suggests a Moroccan influence as well as an earlier period through use of filigree work and stones - was created in the 1960s/ early 1970s. It most likely is not pewter - which is relatively soft & impractical for such a piece - but rather brass or antiqued brass-plated cast "white metal". White metal is a typical material for cast lamp components. This piece is considered "Hollywood Regency" in style and, cleaned & polished, may fetch in the $400 +/- range. 'Hope this helps!

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I think you just hit a home-run for the OP!

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@sonomabarn67 wrote:

Looking at Maxines example, it looks like something the neighborhood cats might have put together for battle after reading a few Redwall books. I see cats with swords flying about those hanging lights.

And did you notice that in the photo I posted there is a second, no less hideous interesting lamp ih the background?

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Thank you I’ll try to take better pictures
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I will try to take better pictures 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply