cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLING GUNS ON EBAY

It must be okay to sell guns on eBay now...I did report this item but it remains online as it will sell with one bid and 22 interested watchers....because they are wondering about this too?? Years back I had 2 toy cap guns up for auction but those got unlisted so fast!! No orange caps on the ends of the toys. 

Antique Turn Of The Century “Flobert” Starter Pistol 1911 Gun Catalog
eBay item number: 323773636182

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: SELLING GUNS ON EBAY

Revenge is best served...orange!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

How times have changed. My dad a newspaper route back in the 1950s which he delivered via his bike. With some of the money he earned he purchased his own shotgun, shells and case at the local hardware store. He and his friends used to carry their guns on their bikes when they went hunting outside of town. No adults were required for the purchase or the hunting trips.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

That's because it's not really a gun. It's a collectable that could never fire a bullet and a kid would not be playing with. The pictures don't show it but it doesn't have a hole in the end a of the barrel for a bullet to come out of. The reason they want a orange cap on the end of the barrel for toy guns is that kids would be running around playing with them, that and todays manufactures of these toy guns put the orange caps on the barrels.

I've sold a few toy guns here and still have a small bag of orange balloons around. Not that hard of a fix.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It would be like putting a orange cap on the muzzle of a pistol cigarette lighter.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@marinermikes wrote:

That's because it's not really a gun. It's a collectable that could never fire a bullet and a kid would not be playing with. The pictures don't show it but it doesn't have a hole in the end a of the barrel for a bullet to come out of.

But the seller expressly describes it as an "Antique Turn Of The Century 'Flobert' Starter Pistol,"  and eBay's policy on starter pistols seems quite clear:

Not allowedNot allowed

You cannot list:

• Starter pistols or blank guns, regardless of their markings

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/firearms-weapons-knives-policy?id=427...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply