cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painting

Hello, can anyone help me identify artist of this oil painting on cancas.

Thanks!20231125_100612.jpg20231125_100621.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Painting

Looks like a repro. Please show pics of the back to make sure.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It is a repo.  Was trying to identify the artist.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Looks like it could be Park-Rogers, perhaps?  Don't know if that's right or, if it is, if that's the artist, the copyist, whatever.  But you could start with that as a possibility, if no one comes along with a positive ID.

20231125_100621.jpg

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I'm wondering if Parc - Ro.... could be the location, somewhere in France?  The writing is lower left vs lower right where a signature would usually be, and as OP knows it's a reproduction, the copyist may not have signed his or her own name.

Rita

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Attaching a real name to a copy/forgery/etc in the style of a forger/copyist would seem to be a fruitless endeavor as in "oh, our forgery was done by Winslow Bellamy". 99.9 % of names on these copies/forgeries ... are forged as well. I see no added value in assigning a name to a painting like this. If you are selling on ebay keep in mind the liberal and lengthy return policies ebay has. Best to only narrow it down to a style (romantic, barnyard, etc,) rather than a specific name. If you show the back of the painting I can tell you when it was created though.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply