cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need answer

I do not often visit the community but i did ask about an object that i had. I even added pictures of it. As far as I know, I have not received and answer. If I did get an answer, do i have to come back the community to find out or will it come to me in an email?

I gues if I did not get an answer, it must be an extremely rare object and i can list it for thousands huh? But how can I when i do not know what it is?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Need answer

You have two answers on the Antiques Board to your question about how to be notified when your question on a boad is answered.  So you have answers to that. 

To find your question there and those answers, just click on your own user name when you're logged in and you'll see all your posts to date.  Click on the relevant one on the Antiques Board.

If whatever thread you're talking about on this board (your mystery object) has replies, do the same and you can read them.  If there are none, you can hit reply to your own initial post, type anything -- most people type the word "Bump" and that will raise it to the top of the board for people to see again.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Need answer

What does not getting any answers have to do with extremely rare? This is a volunteer forum where people offer help and input if they can.

It's not hard to find your posts ... do as Maxine suggests. If you set things up correctly, then you will receive email notifications when someone replies. Or, simply add a bookmark to your posts to find them again easily
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Need answer

Maybe the few kind people who attempt to help here in their spare time did not know what your object was. Perhaps you would be better served to find a service that charges to identify and appraise on demand.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Need answer

I gues if I did not get an answer, it must be an extremely rare object and i can list it for thousands huh? But how can I when i do not know what it is?

Realize that because an item may in fact be rare, it may not be very desirable and may have very little value.

Research recent selling prices not the listing or BIN price before offering an item for sale. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Need answer

@lexfalcon wrote:

i took that as wishful sarcasm...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Need answer

If so, both Maxine and Deborah provided answers on the same day the question was asked.

Rita
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Need answer

Yep, and the response on the Antiques Board was nearly as quick:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Antiques/Getting-replies-from-the-community/m-p/27864925#M100011

Perhaps an under-bridge denizen.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Need answer

Also same-day replies to this, but without acknowledgement from OP:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Antiques/Antique-vs-Vintage/m-p/27864911#M100010

Message 10 of 10
latest reply