cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Identifying Hand Painted Geisha on Silk Painting

Hello, I have a 28" x 22" hand painted Geisha Girl on silk painting.  The actual silk has a little tag on it I have not removed it from the frame to see if there is a makers mark.  I wondered if anyone can look at the tag it has a mark on it and let me know if it can be identified.  Thankyou.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Oh I was hoping it was silk....well it is still very pretty..I will list it and see what happens,

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

1. Take better pictures outside in natural light (on the shaded side of building) if you plan to list this. They are grainy and blurry due to low light conditions.

2. Post question in JREF translation request forum. A volunteer may help you. This site is about Japan.

https://jref.com/forums/

3. Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/translator/

All kinds of language translation requests here.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@stantomm wrote:

Hello, I have a 28" x 22" hand painted Geisha Girl on silk painting. 

I'm afraid it isn't silk!

ポリエステル100%

means "100% polyester."

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Oh I was hoping it was silk....well it is still very pretty..I will list it and see what happens,

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Good Information thankyou..I noticed some of the labels ...where the itme is described as silk?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@stantomm wrote:

Good Information thankyou..I noticed some of the labels ...where the itme is described as silk?

Much of what you see for sale  on-line is misidentified or misdescribed.  The label clearly says what Argon said it does:  ポリエステル100%  = Polyester 100%.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@stantomm wrote:

It varies depending on the composition of the product. Some of the labels you're seeing are on items made of silk, rayon, polyester... But your label says 100% polyester, absolutely no question about it.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I took his post to mean he'd found items with the same label but identified as silk.  I wouldn't be surprised.  People who can't read the label, or who think the buyer can't, will call the fabric whatever they like.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

People who can't read the label, or who think the buyer can't, will call the fabric whatever they like.

Can such things be? open_mouth

Message 10 of 10
latest reply