cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE

Hi, I have this satin glass / frosted vase with a double spiral / helix applied trail. its 10" tall and has a mark on the base that i would say is 'WGC' interlaced. there is also an etched name that looks lik e.d.???. any help is appreciated.thumbnail_IMG_5654.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5658.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5659.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE

I’d think that it is CGW - GW being for glassworks.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

that makes sense and im still searching.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I was hoping that someone had cracked this one.  Looking at the picture again, might that C actually be an E?

IMG_1231.jpeg

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

at this point anything is possible

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Is it possible that the hand etched writing says "Iridium glass?" I just read it that way, I can't tell from the photo. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Excerpt from glassbottlemarks. com 

• C.G.W……………..Campbell Glass Works, West Berkeley, California (1884-1885), on certain bottles known to be from California, especially the San Francisco area. This company is given as the source of the “C.G.W.” mark by Toulouse (Bottle Makers and their Marks). Since it operated for less than four months, and Toulouse gives no information on why he believes this mark can only be attributed to Campbell (other than the fact that the initials do fit), I am very skeptical that all bottles with this mark originate from that company, especially bottles and flasks with this mark found in the East. Another possible source (in my opinion, which may be no better than Toulouse’s!) could be any one of several Eastern region glass companies, for instance Clyde Glass Works, Clyde, New York; Cumberland Glass Works/Cumberland Glass Mnfg. Co., Bridgeton, New Jersey; or Camden Glass Works, Camden, New Jersey (1875-1884).

However, I do believe this art form is more current than 1885.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply