cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? Longport RR

Hello

As always in advance thanks for any help.

Also I hope this is the right area.

I have a picture of a Trolley car/Street car #6885

I can make out the second name Longport but I can't make out the first name.

I'm trying to figure out what railroad it is so I can list it.

Thanks again

dan

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: ? Longport RR

I'm not sure what you mean by "railroad," since this is a street car, part of a city system.   Maybe Longport, NJ?   The route sign seems to be or start with INLET...?

The automobile looks late 1940s / early 1950s but someone can tell you its exact make, model, and year, I'm sure., and that will give you the earliest tyear the picture could have been taken. 

Sorry I can't be more help, but a look at the Longport, NJ, system back in the day might be a good place to start.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I found this, with the caption "JG Brill-built Atlantic City 6911 in Ventnor 1940 Collection of Jeff Marinoff"

So Maxine was on the right track 🙂  

Rit

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

There ya go!  Atlantic city would have been part of the Longport, NJ, system. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hello

Thank you Maxine and Rit, I understand what you're saying but, there are some letters in front of the Longport that I can't make out that I'm trying to get a handle on. Now having some more info on the picture Rit was nice enough to find for me I think Ventnor is the word before Longport. But there is no Margate or Atlantic City that I can make out on the side of my picture, which doesn't matter because that only makes the photo time frames different as to the name, but it is a great start. Even with the extra info. I can't seem to get anything to come up in google. Thanks for all your help.

dan

Message 5 of 5
latest reply