cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little Girl Figurine Inappropriate?

This is a very nicely made porcelain figurine of a little girl, it is signed Carmen on the bottom...Is it cute, or inappropriate?  Does anyone know who made it? Not sure if Carmen is the name of the girl or maker...20201119_095648.jpg20201119_095658.jpg20201119_095709.jpg

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Little Girl Figurine Inappropriate?

In no way cute or appropriate if she's meant to be a little girl, but with the eye shadow couldn't she be around 20?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I guess, maybe, but really she looks like a little girl to me. The thing that throws me is that this is a well made figurine.. I can't imagine that a company would have chosen this pose for a child.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Honestly, I wouldn't list it if there's any ambiguity over the age. The pose is definitely suggestive. I think the maker probably had a young woman in mind, but if you see a child then others may too. It would be a horrible thing to have a listing pulled on those grounds - not worth the risk.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It makes one wonder who the target audience was?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

The figure lacks secondary sex characteristics so I place the age at around 12ish.   So not a little girl, but not an adult either or even a teenager.   However, even so, it could still be seen as inappropriate.  

Rita

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

The way that the bottoms are sliding down are suggestive enough with her stance, on top of the ill placed hand. This does look like a prepubescent child and seems designed to a particular market. I agree with those that say, why take a chance with listing this? 

If you want to sell it use a different platform or word of mouth. Someone may be interested as a gag gift perhaps, or this may be better suited to a swap meet in person. I think you are making a huge mistake in listing on this platform and risking your seller account for a small figurine.... 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@melda58 wrote:

The figure lacks secondary sex characteristics

You're right, that occurred to me after I posted. I felt it just had to be a grown woman, because otherwise what on earth was the maker thinking?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

It looks kinda like writing at the bottom of her shirt on her stomach and the bottom of the back of the shirt and maybe om the green underneath the blue thing. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

No, no other writing, just Carmen on the bottom.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Funny thing, when I bought this figurine I wasn't paying much attention to the pose, just the fact that it was well made, and inexpensive! It wasn't until I got it home, I realized how suggestive the pose actually is... Good question, who was this marketed for? Won't list it though, not sure what I'll do with it..

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

" just the fact that it was well made, and inexpensive! "

It does not look well made to me, sort of sloppy. It's reminding me of slip-cast and the non-professional hand-lettered sig proves that. If anything, it reminds me of those old Coppertone ads from the '60s.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I think it is not a chilld..but it is very very nice. However carmen is a character in my view and according to statue it is girl's name. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Since it was inexpensive, do the world and yourself a favor, and break it up into pieces.  Don't pass it on to anyone, for any reason.  (And if I received it as a "gag gift," I wouldn't find it the least bit amusing, or appropriate!)

Message 14 of 14
latest reply