cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lamp Identification

I bought this lamp at a flea market just because I like the look. It's aprox 16.5" tall and 6" across the wood disc.

It has a Corning waffle pattern glass shade NO. 820090. Anyone that sees it , laughs and says, wow highschool metal shop project way back when . . . Does anyone have any idea what this lamp may be ? No markings at ll on it.

Thank youP1180145.JPGP1180146.JPGP1180147.JPG

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
9 REPLIES 9

Lamp Identification

I would say mid-century 1950's-60's,  possibly Scandanavian - wood looks like teak - and looks professional to me.   

Rita

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Lamp Identification

The construction looks off-centre in places - can you tell if it was made that way, or has it taken a knock?

lamp 1.png

lamp 2.png

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Lamp Identification

Art Deco lamp. I suspect factory made not home project but could be wrong:

Shade could have been replaced so using it to date would be a problem: Note a different shade goes over such...

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Lamp Identification

It did indeed take a fall off a low table. Probably easily loosened and straightened and then retightened.

Just haven't gotten to it. But HAVE moved it to a more out of the way place, away from foot traffic.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Lamp Identification

No idea if the ID here is correct but it's certainly factory:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/nice-1930-s-gilbert-rohde-chrome-and-wood-lamp-with

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Lamp Identification

Another in a  similar style that has been restored:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vtg-1930s-machine-age-art-deco-black-3776527230

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Lamp Identification

WOW !! That is so cool to see , thank you !!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Lamp Identification

Very helpul and interesting to see !!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Lamp Identification

I like the nickel chrome parts, they have  some  depth and look like the plating is nice quality compared to the gold tone brassy stuff that does not looks so hot after a while

@emmajune613 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 10 of 10
latest reply