cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info on early B&G item

011.JPG018.JPGCan anyone id this item? It has the early mark-just B&G in blue on base-I do not know if it had something resting on top-thanks for any help

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Info on early B&G item

Candlestick? You don't show the top which would tell us that.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Info on early B&G item

how big?  looks to me like the stand for a centerpiece.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Info on early B&G item

I also vote candlestick. Anything on top would have been attached and you could tell if it had broken off. There's a similar candlestick on worthpoint.
Janet
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Info on early B&G item

The mark appears to be an early Bing & Grondahl mark (before the mid-1890's). It probably had a dish shaped top at one point that is now missing. This design is not typical of what most people think of with B&G but, they did some neoclassical designs in the 1800's. If it was complete, it would be a very desirable item.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Info on early B&G item

Here is the top -015.JPG

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Info on early B&G item

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Info on early B&G item

I can not bring that up there-what did you search for? also is it the exact same? thanks for the help now all I have to do is find it there-their search comes up with a lot of unrelated pics-

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Info on early B&G item

The link works for me, but the listing title is Bing and Grondahl Copenhagen Blue Traditional Dolphin Footed Compote Dish. No, it is not the same as yours but does have a separate bowl that sits on top of the pedestal. I can see how that might be easily broken.
Janet
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Info on early B&G item

Thanks for your help, but that is a compote-1 pc. and has dolphins-mine has sea serpents-there is no sign of wear on top-this dates 1800,s-I am hoping someone has a reference book on B&G

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Info on early B&G item

@gngoose wrote:

Thanks for your help, but that is a compote-1 pc. and has dolphins-mine has sea serpents

I know they look like sea serpents, but those creatures on your item really are intended to be dolphins. It's a stylistic representation that goes back a long way.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Info on early B&G item

No, there are five pictures--the last two show the large bowl sitting beside the candlestick-looking base.
Janet
Message 12 of 12
latest reply