cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have these porcelain dishes from china that have Chinese markings on bottom.

Hi, does anyone know what these markings mean. I could not find these exact markings anywhere in ebay. I have three different pieces and they all look different. Can anyone tell me what they mean or if they are valuable. I believe they are from the 1920's - 1930's. They are Hua rong tang Zhi porcelain dishes. Trying to find out what these markings meanTrying to find out what these markings meansmallbowl4.jpg

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I have these porcelain dishes from china that have Chinese markings on bottom.

I have one very similar to yours - they're modern reproductions made to look old and antique, with little to no value.

Some sellers might try to pass these off as old, but they're not.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: I have these porcelain dishes from china that have Chinese markings on bottom.

Think it says Hua Ping Tang Zhi.
Janet
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

The law/regulation that required dishes be marked with warnings about food contamination passed in 1979 so it is most likely from after 1979.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

http://gotheborg.com/marks/20thcenturychina.shtml

Here is information on the mark and dating
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I was told that this dish was between 1920's and 1930's. Does anyone know if that is true and approximate value?

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Could not find exact markings on this site. 
Trying to find approximate date and value

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@schnobbly wrote:

Could not find exact markings on this site. 
Trying to find approximate date and value

1970s or later, as others have stated.

Scroll down to "Hua Ping Tang Zhi" on the Gotheborg page, and compare with nos. 605, 926, 1094 and 1472. 

"All pieces with marks of this kind appears to date to the last quarter of the 20th century."

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

just a note to the OP, these are artificially aged at the factor. as the others have stated they are recent.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Does anyone have approximate value. I noticed one listed on ebay for $155. It has same exact markings. Is that too much money or do they still have a little value

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@janetpjohn_la wrote:
Think it says Hua Ping Tang Zhi.
Janet

No, I think the OP is right about the mark being Hua Rong Tang Zhi:

華榮堂製

rather than Hua Ping Tang Zhi:

華平堂製

However, the Gothenburg site includes illustrations of both marks under the "Hua Ping Tang Zhi" heading, so I take it the two marks are related.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I listed mine for same price as one listed already. Not sure if we are both off on the price

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@schnobbly wrote:

I listed mine for same price as one listed already. Not sure if we are both off on the price

No harm in trying, as long as you state in the description that it's modern. Good luck with it,

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Thank you everyone for all your help!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@argon38 wrote:

However, the Gothenburg site

Uh... Gotheborg

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I have one very similar to yours - they're modern reproductions made to look old and antique, with little to no value.

Some sellers might try to pass these off as old, but they're not.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply