cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another.  The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciate what they have.

Don't make posting here a waste of your own time or a thankless, frustrating task for the volunteers.  Do the following:

- Ask specific questions.

- Provide good, clear, well-lit, close-up photographs.  Insert the photographs using the cameria icon.  Do not post them as attachments or links.

- Include the dimensions of the item in question, or include a ruler or common object in the photographs to show size.

- Include the material of the item, or your best guess as to the material if you're uncertain.

- If you find you have more information, photos, or questions, add them to the current thread.  Do not start another thread about the same item.

- Include relevant information you already have, so no one wastes time duplicating research.

- Return to see if there are replies. That bears repeating:  Return to see if there are replies.  Check the "Email me when someone replies" box to the right of the Subject line.

- Acknowledge replies, which is easily done with a click on the "Helpful" button.

- If you feel your question has been answered, click that responder's reply (not your own post) as the solution. It's the least you can do to say "thanks" for a stranger's help.

- Don't kill the messenger. If you don't like a reply, or think it is unhelpful, just ignore it.

I am going to ask the moderators to pin this thread.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

And can I make a recommendation? After these corrections have been implemented, only include Maxine's original post so nothing gets lost in her well-thought-out post.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

No new threads since this has been pinned, let's hope Maxine's sensible advice hasn't finished off the board.  😄

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yms4j0c8L1o 

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

I'm sure they're just tinkering with such a bold concept.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply