cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horse racing legend Seabiscuit

have a one and only private photo album of CH Howard family or CH Howard private photo album with 147 pictures of the Legendary racehorse Seabiscuit and all the people involved in his life Trainor's family I can't even begin to figure out how to begin a pricing on this since it's extremely rare I don't know that one would ever be found again and it has pictures of Seabiscuit pumpkin his dog and his cat seabiscuit's that is but it was suggested cash payment and pick up only??

thanku in advance

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@estatesbyrose wrote:

it was suggested cash payment and pick up only??

You can specify local pick-up if you wish, but bear in mind it could seriously restrict your prospects of a sale. Also, while you can certainly accept  cash payments with a local pick-up, I don't think you can require the winning buyer to pay in cash:

'Payment upon pickup must offer one of the approved electronic payment methods. Listings may include the statement: "Contact me for payment methods to pay on pickup."'

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/payment-policies/accepted-payments-policy?id=4269 

There are also personal security issues to consider with local pick-up, but of course the choice is yours.

You could always contact a traditional auction house and ask if they would be interested.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I remember this album.  I hope you had luck in identifying more of the pictures in it.

Vhttps://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/Original-seabiscuit-photo-album/m-p/31012748#M124715

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

In addition to the issues Argon raises, when you consider using pick-up only, you have to consider your location and demographics.   How many people within a reasonable driving distance of Huntsville, MO, would be interested enough in buying this to travel to pick it up?  

Pick-up works for things where there are buyers regardless of how small a town or rural an area you live in;  e.g., a sofa or a baby crib.   It doesn't work well for something with a specialized, limited market;  e.g., this photo album.

Just sharing thoughts.  Good luck with it, however you decide to sell it.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Why is there 2 postings going about this??

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@picknparley wrote:

Why is there 2 postings going about this??

Don't ask me.  Ask the OP.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply