2E9416B8-7DF7-4AE6-BE86-794F626BDF36.jpeg

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Help id slotted trowel kitchen utensil

looks like a Pie Server, maybe??????

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Or not a kitchen utensil at all, but some kind of a specialized trowel for the garden?  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Because of the perspective, I can't tell how big it is.  It looks big and heavy in the photo, not something that would be used to serve food but like a gardening tool. 

But maybe that's just the way you're holding it in relation to the camera, because you hand looks miniaturized.

So, what are the dimensions?  And is the handle wood or plastic or what?   And is it perfectly flat, or is it somewhat concave?

-

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I believe that is a weeding tool. The inside slots look sharpened. Use it like a regular weeding tool, but this one would also slice the weed.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It's a pie server.  It has a bakelite handle.

Janet

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

An exact item is currently listed at eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125355676384?hash=item1d2fc7d2e0%3Ag%3AoNkAAOSw1bViG5nh&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkr...

I believe the listing description to be accurate, as the tool is not well suited for use as a cake server due to the "V" shape of the dual shovel plates.

"VINTAGE V-SHAPE PIE/DESSERT SPATULA/SERVER KITCHEN UTENSIL BUTTERSCOTCH BAKELITE item: 125355676384"

Regards,

LALJA

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Maybe next time picture the item by itself if you can.

I may be the only one...but laughing at myself because I was hung up on wondering how the %$#@ the bottom wheel worked with the 2 prongs, ha-ha!

Now I can see it's 2 separate things.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply