HELP identify Hallmark Shirley Temple doll

wildantiques4u2013
Adventurer

Need help identifying Hallmark

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Too blurry to distinguish from screenshot.  Could you go over the letters with a lead pencil or cocoa powder to make them more legible?  If you don't want to risk leaving a dark mark on the composition, perhaps show the letters you can make out...for instance...A???B???????CCC.  If enough letters are presented, someone may be able to fill in the blanks.

Also, a photo of the complete doll may be a good clue to help identify.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Besides all the above, it might also help if you post of a photo of the entire doll because sometimes people recognize a maker's style if they see the whole doll.

And just a small tip that in your own research, it's probably better to not use the word "hallmark" since that's normally used among dealers and collectors for marks on metals, usually precious metals.   

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I'm a Shirley Temple collector and would be glad to help if you post pictures of the doll's face and a full body shot. All i can make out from the mark is the word Doll on the bottom line. I'm pretty sure her wig is a newer replacement.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like OP already has the doll listed with multiple photos.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks! Well, it's not a Shirley Temple doll, if I could make out the mark I might be able to tell what it is. The wig and clothes are not original, they are modern replacements, which brings the value down a lot.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It might also help to see a picture with the eyes open. Buyers are also going to want to know the size

Message 7 of 7
latest reply