cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

German Beer Stein ID

Can someone help me identify the makers mark20210619_123007 (1).jpg20210619_123031.jpg on the bottom of this beer stein? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: German Beer Stein ID

You might want to post a photo of the stein to help with identification.  

Rita

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

To echo Rita's request... You may feel that we either know the mark or we don't, and that if we don't, we are simply wasting your time by asking for photos of the entire item. A lot of people who ask for help here make that mistake, and post photos of a signature or a mark only. They forget that there are other ways of identifying a piece that we can often use to good effect.

Some here (not me) can work wonders with image searches. Others, like myself, like to play around with descriptive terms and text. For example, I'm sure your stein has a motto. Simply googling the motto might lead to an auction listing where the seller has identified the mystery maker. These alternative search techniques can sometimes prove surprisingly effective. But we can only try them out when we get to see the whole object!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Sorry I wasn't thinking.  I'm attaching photos.  Thanks!  It is 8" tall.  20210620_193755.jpgstein 2.jpgstein 3.jpg

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I added pictures.  Sorry about that.

20210620_193755.jpgstein 2.jpgstein 3.jpg

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hmm, no motto. 🙁  Is that some sort of capacity measurement stamped on the rim (in your last photo)?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

No lid?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

No lid.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I think it is 1L.  I'm assuming one liter.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Is it just me or does that mark resemble a mouse, aardvark, anteater, chameleon, etc?

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@gkn29 wrote:

Is it just me or does that mark resemble a mouse, aardvark, anteater, chameleon, etc?

I see what you mean:

Stein mark.png

I was seeing it as a cursive letter D.

Stein mark 2.png

This a great resource for stein marks, but it's kind of tiresome to navigate:

https://www.steinmarks.co.uk/pages/pv.asp?p=stein553 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply