cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISNEY VHS

Is this now the phenomena since the Pokémon stuff. I really am wondering and this genuine because I don't understand - but why are these all over eBay at prices I wouldn't pay for a new car?

Also, because I have 50 Disney movies on VHS, more on DVD and an original book read and play record album collection.

Are you actually getting this price? Why? Honest, because I am going to dig mine out.

Please let me know - the absolute stunning confusion is going on in my min.

Thank you. Loretta

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

DISNEY VHS

@seabs186  Who are you talking to?  This is NOT your potential Seller ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

DISNEY VHS

could you be taling about the Disney Black Diamond VHS?  well no they don't get what they are listed for....but someday who knows... ask any beannie Baby person...

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

DISNEY VHS

NO. 

Please se don't get me wrong.  I am genuinely confused. People are saying Black Diamond and Rare.  How is that when millions of each copy was mass produced.

Like beauty and the Beast Black Diamond.  Ok.  You can go to goodwill all day and pay less than a buck.

******Side note.  All mine I kept because I told my Daughter that if she ever gets in trouble I am going to make her sit through teletubbies, Barney and some of these Disney videos as a form of punishment.  Because I had to watch and re-watch them to the point of insanity.  SHE HAS NEVER GOTTEN IN TROUBLE SO MAYBE IT WORKED.

So all I want to know is WHY?  Seems like a complete scam. 

Thanks - Loretta 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

DISNEY VHS

I know.  I am stuck with a Precocious Moments collection I bought at an Estate sale and can't give them away.  LOL

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

DISNEY VHS

@seabs186 wrote:

NO. 

Please se don't get me wrong.  I am genuinely confused. People are saying Black Diamond and Rare.  How is that when millions of each copy was mass produced.

Like beauty and the Beast Black Diamond.  Ok.  You can go to goodwill all day and pay less than a buck.

******Side note.  All mine I kept because I told my Daughter that if she ever gets in trouble I am going to make her sit through teletubbies, Barney and some of these Disney videos as a form of punishment.  Because I had to watch and re-watch them to the point of insanity.  SHE HAS NEVER GOTTEN IN TROUBLE SO MAYBE IT WORKED.

So all I want to know is WHY?  Seems like a complete scam. 

Thanks - Loretta 

why what?  people can price them anyway they want.. there was a 'thing" going on that said that some of the Disney Black Diamond were RARE because they were the original... like in the Little Mermaid , the cover has some  art work that was not appropriate..so they cahanged it...and in the originals,  there was things..so Disney would re do them... anyways ..based on some of these "truths" like Little Mermaid art work... and being that they are now old... there was this ...silly maybe , but "RARE" thing...

did anyone actually get thousands of bucks...I don't belive anyone ever did that was proven real....

but i am in the mind that VHS tapes will be the "thing" again ...like the 60's and 70's...  

i learned about black diamond thing...because a guy walked in front of me and looked and said.."NOPE NO BLACK DIMOND"... and i looked and said..huh? what is black diamond?

he said" Well if you knew, then you'd know"..... funny huh?  i goggled it when i got home and now i have almost all...and will be rich in no time...well...i have them to see, what would sell...mostly nothing!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

DISNEY VHS

oh yes..i thought those would be a easy money maker..started seeing them in thrift stores, and thought i could make some....but found ..well there maybe a buyer out there, but not the "Rare" , gotta have thing i thought.

but there are some, yes, and if you know, then maybe you could find a rare one...but....

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

DISNEY VHS

that was more for seabs186... sorry about adding to your post ...
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

DISNEY VHS

Here's a good article on Disney Black Diamond VHS

http://www.snopes.com/black-diamond-collection-disney/

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 9 of 9
latest reply