cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil War Brass Knuckles - are they allowed?

I've been selling my dad's U.S. Civil War collection for the past three years. He has some rusted, dug Civil War brass knuckles and I wanted to know if they would be allowed to be listed. I'm guessing no, but seeing how you can sell swords and things I don't know why they wouldn't be allowed.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Civil War Brass Knuckles - are they allowed?

"What is the policy?

The following or similar items are not allowed:

• Hand weapons such as: brass knuckles in any form, leaded canes, nightsticks, nunchakus, or sansetsukons
  • Throwing weapons that have 3 or more points or sharp edges
  • Weapons such as: blow or dart guns, flare guns, potato guns, tear gas, disguised stun guns, or tasers
  • Pepper spray or mace may be listed only if the item is located in the US and shipped domestically
  • Stun guns may be listed as long as the seller states they won't allow purchases from places where stun guns are illegal"

Brass knuckles in any form pretty much rules out any relic or historical significance, especially since there is most likely no proof they were from the Civil War.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/weapons-policy?id=5050

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@ironmand5018ak wrote:

I'm guessing no, but seeing how you can sell swords and things I don't know why they wouldn't be allowed.

I believe it's about concealability, which is why swords are allowed but sword canes are not, but that is speculation on my part.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@gkn29 wrote:

Brass knuckles in any form pretty much rules out any relic or historical significance, especially since there is most likely no proof they were from the Civil War.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/weapons-policy?id=5050

How'd you come up with that? By that logic major swathes of items used on battlefields would be ruled out. It's not hard to prove, items have maker marks, locations they were found, date they were found, etc. Not to mention these would crumble if you hit something with them.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Follow Rules

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Don't matter the age, you can't sell them here, so does not matter what proof you have. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply