cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me identify this artist and tell me anything about him? Signed Panu.

077.JPG080.JPG081.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can you help me identify this artist and tell me anything about him? Signed Panu.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The artist is Peter Paone.

You have print number 43 of an edition of 50 printed (hence the 43/50 written in pencil).

The etching is in a museum collection.

Here's a link:   https://woodmereartmuseum.org/explore-online/collection/artist-and-his-model

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can you help me identify this artist and tell me anything about him? Signed Panu.

The title is "Artist & His Model" but which is the artist -- the man, or the devil on his shoulder?   Sorry, I know that's no real help but it's the first thing that came to mind. 

Instead of "Panu," I see "Paris".  Is that possible?  You can see it better, while I'm having a real problem with the glare.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The artist is Peter Paone.

You have print number 43 of an edition of 50 printed (hence the 43/50 written in pencil).

The etching is in a museum collection.

Here's a link:   https://woodmereartmuseum.org/explore-online/collection/artist-and-his-model

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Bingo!  For you, another coveted badge...

badge.jpeg

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aw shucks, but I couldn't have done it without you and the other regulars here on the board. You are the wind beneath my wings.

But seriously, is that badge redeemable for a chicken dinner somewhere? I'm feeling a bit peckish after all of this intensive researchSmiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If it were redeemable for a chicken dinner, I'd be sitting her with grease on my fingers have found something nicer to give you.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you so much. That was a great help.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply